English Sporting Open

Claybuster

Yeah, wonderful trap and skeet layouts but the sporting on the site is not good and they have no intentions to do it up. I`v heard that they don`t really want the open there. :no:

Everyone down here in the west country is talking about how the place is going down hill.

The welcome is very cold, the food is getting bad, they have no cheaper guns at all, are just a few things that are pis***g shooters off amongst other things. Every one says they need a change of management there. I haven`t been down there for over a year now because I don`t like the way the place is run, but I get to here about it almost every day.

Edited by COACH

I would have been if it were nearer, but I'm not driving 700 miles round to shoot that **** hole again! :P

Me neither and looking at the entries on cpsa site they could have nearly held it over one day :yes::hmm:

Ah well,there might be a few more entries at Doveridge next year :lol::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Me neither and looking at the entries on cpsa site they could have nearly held it over one day :yes::hmm:

Ah well,there might be a few more entries at Doveridge next year :lol::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

You doing Orston on Sunday instead then? :hmm: I'm just mulling over whether to join Nick and do Kegworth as well. <_<

You mug, you'll get better targets at your YFC Strawbaler. :yes:

Cat.

cat

if it wasnt the fact its a selection shoot i wouldnt be going!

azzurri

as for the comment about having it at doveridge - that place is even worse!

good good, i was hoping you wernt serious :)

most of these grounds could just do with a bit of decent fresh target setting,

someone not connected to the ground to come in and set up for the bigger events.

even the likes of hodnet feels stale, as the targets dont seem to vary by much year to year.

good good, i was hoping you wernt serious :)

most of these grounds could just do with a bit of decent fresh target setting,

someone not connected to the ground to come in and set up for the bigger events.

even the likes of hodnet feels stale, as the targets dont seem to vary by much year to year.

A lot of the 'Top Shots' have had a lot of exposure in 'Pull Magazine' over the years.They could do the cpsa a favour by perhaps putting their experience to good use by setting the targets for some of the Championship Shoots.

It could be that whoever finishes first and second in the averages could be asked to set the targets for say the English or the British ?

I thought Richard Faulds put a bit back when he did the targets at Sommerly the other year,I enjoyed the targets although from memory some didn't :hmm:

Just a thought.

Azzurri.

Looking forward to shooting a "major" again as it's been a while! Hopefully the weather will be kind to us all this weekend :yes:

Well, don't get your hopes up, the last couple of shoots there have been pretty poor, total lack of imagination by the course setter, a long way to go for a shoot no better than Worsley. :blink:

It'll probably be the lowest entry for any English Open over the last 25 years, so many experienced shooters have become totally hacked off with the place and are not bothering to shoot it.

Don't say you weren't warned. :oops:

Cat.

What a day! Thought that i'd make the shrewd move of staying down near Southern Counties last night at a mates flat about an hour away. What a mistaka to makea! Only got a couple of hours kip due to lack of comfort, but such is life :lol:

Anyway, i was very pleasantly surprised by the English Open at Southern Counties today. A decent course comprising of 15 stands in total with a good mixture of

presentations including a lot of midi's and chondelles, or Chandel as they spell it darf sarf :lol: Here's a run down of what any fellow PW'ers can expect from the course:

Stand 1: Pair of driven midi black clays that cross just before you think "i'll shoot now". More time than you think :yes:

Stand 2: Overhead standard (going towards the right) with an o/r low loopy chondelley blaze standard (r-l)

Stand 3: Crossing blaze midi (r-l) with an o/r standard Chondelle (r-l)

Stand 4: Simmo pair of incommers

Stand 5: Standard teal with an o/r l-r blaze crosser. START HERE as it's by far the best stand to ease yourself into the shoot!

Stand 6: Quartering blaze midi (r-l) with an o/r crossing

standard (l-r)

Stand 7: Diving blaze (l-r) with an o/r quartering midi (i think)

Stand 8: Standard crosser off tower (l-r) with an o/r

chondelle (r-l)

Stand 9: (Shot from on top of a hill) Low going away blaze Standard with an o/r Rabbit (r-l)

Stand 10: Quartering blaze (l-r) with an o/r crossing midi (r-l)

Stand 11: A fast UT style blaze standard followed by an o/r blaze chondelle (r-l)

Stand 12: Simmo pair of teals, both standards.

Stand 13: Quartering away blaze rabbit (l-r) with an o/r crossing standard rabbit (r-l)

Stand 14: Quartering blaze midi (r-l) with an o/r quartering low blaze standard (l-r)

Stand 15: Simmo pair of blaze battues - holy cow did they need a bus load of lead as i found out by going for the front bird and breaking the second! :lol:

I'll add more as and when i remember them :lol:

I finished up on a 71, which although not distasterous was 10 shy of what I know i'm capable of on that layout. Concentration was out of the question today, so lesson learnt; its the Hilton from now on if ever i'm staying over at a shoot!!!!! :yes:

Good luck to all the other PW'ers shooting it, and Paulos if you decide to go :lol:

Edited by Nicky T