Advice on lead cartridges

Stark

I'm shooting a competition in Tallinn in a few weeks and I need some advice on the available cartridges at the range. I've only shot lead in a few competitions, so I'm not familiar with lead cartridges. I usually shoot Gamebore steel White Gold 28 gr, 8s. I'm not a fan of heavy recoil, so I'd like to use one of the softer cartridges :)

Do you have experience with any of these cartridges?:

Gamebore White Gold Original

Gamebore Black Gold F2

RC 4 Champion Excellence

RC 4 Red Shot Super Nik

Clever GrandItalia

Nobel Sport Italia NS Quattro

Nobel Sport Italia Sporting

Bornaghi Sporting Medium

Bornaghi Sporting Short Range

Bornaghi Sport

Guest cookoff013

if you shoot steel then probably all of them lead carts will be lower recoil than what your currently using

yeah i second that.

try the 24g steel shels in a 7. real good.

those 21g lead loads are ace,

Not about pain. It's about being able to pick up the target should I miss it with the first shot. I'm not heavily built and find heavy loads make it harder for me to pick up targets on the second shot.

I shoot 20 - 30k a year and don't have a problem mounting and therefore no pain no matter the load. It's simply a matter of picking up targets with a steady gun :)

lead is lighter on the shoulder than steel - period

Yes, got to agree with that. :yes:

I would go for the Bornaghi's, they're very much like the Italian B&P's, the softest shell I have ever shot.

Good luck, as you know I won't be there, make sure you get to the World in Italy at the end of August.

Cat.

I'm shooting a competition in Tallinn in a few weeks and I need some advice on the available cartridges at the range. I've only shot lead in a few competitions, so I'm not familiar with lead cartridges. I usually shoot Gamebore steel White Gold 28 gr, 8s. I'm not a fan of heavy recoil, so I'd like to use one of the softer cartridges :)

Some of them you can get over here, I would pick one you can get and buy slab or 2 to shoot before you go.....

Edited by HDAV

I'm based in Copenhagen so a trip over to Sweden would do come to think of it.. But I'll have a few days training before the comp so should get a bit of practice with the lead :)

I've shot Hull in Essex and they were soft, but unfortunately they aren't available.

nothing to add to the thread, but dang, that's a lot of shooting you do, your guns must melt...

Yeah, I shoot too much :) Course it's fun shooting a lot, but I would be better off spending more time training with coaches instead :)