9 lb 4oz TENCH

mikee

I also had 24 ***** bream which passed the time even though i would have prefered to not catch them, there are thousands of the things, most of them were about 8lbs though

mikee

I know you can keep the ***** bream :angry: i do not like them :no: nice tench :D

As we dont have many bream up here I'm just wondering why you dont want to catch them especially if they're 8lbs ???

Nice tench :good:

if i was fishing for them i would be over the moon, but when I spend ages trying to get a bait in the right spot for mr carp and one of them things eats it, it becomesa pain in the end, there a very few but very large carp in the lake and the bream never give them time to find the bait

mikee

Nice Tench :good:

My PB is only 5lb :blush:

There's a pit near me that the Carp boys fish quite often, they get the Bream move in on there baited area and the muppets chuck them in the canal just a few yards behind them, thats if the fish are lucky, if there not they get dumped in the bushes. I despise that type of attitude from fishermen,. In my opinion they should have there tackle removed, and not just rods reels ect. If your fishing then you should be thankfull for the fish you catch whatever the species.

Please dont take my comments as a knock at you though Mikee.

Edited by Dougy

What a cracking tench! What did you use for bait?

I was talking to someone who didn't like the bream when fishing for carp who said he would just "bump off" any bream that took the bait, I nearly strangled the ****** when he explained this meant over striking to tear the hook from the breams mouth :angry:

Nice Tench :good:

My PB is only 5lb :blush:

There's a pit near me that the Carp boys fish quite often, they get the Bream move in on there baited area and the muppets chuck them in the canal just a few yards behind them, thats if the fish are lucky, if there not they get dumped in the bushes. I despise that type of attitude from fishermen,. In my opinion they should have there tackle removed, and not just rods reels ect. If your fishing then you should be thankfull for the fish you catch whatever the species.

Please dont take my comments as a knock at you though Mikee.

What a cracking tench! What did you use for bait?

I was talking to someone who didn't like the bream when fishing for carp who said he would just "bump off" any bream that took the bait, I nearly strangled the ****** when he explained this meant over striking to tear the hook from the breams mouth :angry:

I caught them on home made fishmeal boilies, I do get peed of with catching them when i'm carp fishing but I reel them in and unhook and release just like any other fish, the carp swim with the bream in this lake so the best way to catch the carp is to attract some bream and just keep hoping the next run isnt a bream

mikee

Nice tench mate, a lake i used to fish also had a zillion bream in it all about 6-8lb, one night they really moved in over the bait and i think i had caught about 6 in the space of about an hour, when i had another stuttering take that i left in the hope that the bream would drop off, it didnt so i picked up the rod and wound the fish in, it didn't put up any resistance and as it neard the bank all hell broke loose and after a brief fight the biggest fish in the lake was in the bottom of the net, it was a cracking common weighing 39lb 6oz.

so as you said where the bream are the carp are not to far away :good:

Theres a syndicate i used to fish with a swin called the bream, in that swim was a tree that had all its branches cut into spikes and the bream were unceremoniuosly impaled on it!!

the only bream i caught there were all doubles, one being 14lb+ ....alll went back well and truly alive! :good: