Almost pulled it off

pavman

Was on for the tripple this weekend but fell at the last :rolleyes:

Friday night despite Highlanders attempts to stop me shooting a Charlie i managed a vixen cub that came into the call on the last field visited had already shot a few bunnies.

post-1500-0-07596400-1307353790.jpg

Edited by pavman

then sat afternoon i had 65 woddies over barley before runing out of carts (only took 100 silly me)Picked 50 odd with others lost around me in 3 fields of crops and the old dog was running tired by then

post-1500-0-66214200-1307353922.jpg

Edited by pavman

Sunday went out in the new Kyak and dropped the crayfish pot over in the River but Mrs P got cold in the wind so we had to cut short our trip and it had not had long enough to soak and came up enpty..........

Never mind great W/E went home and drank Cider in the garden :ernyha:

Edited by pavman

:good: well done is it correct that your able to drop crayfish pots in any river to catch the alien American species (signal?) without any license or fee to the river owners or am I incorrect in thinking this ? :hmm:

You need the land owner's permission and EA permit.

then sat afternoon i had 65 woddies over barley before runing out of carts (only took 100 silly me)Picked 50 odd with others lost around me in 3 fields of crops and the old dog was running tired by then

very good weekend for this time of year

which you wont get :yp:

I did ages ago, I recall having to stipulate a time period over which the trapping would occur. As luck would have it I didn't do too well as I couldn't put enough time in to that venue, and I never tried again.

I did ages ago, I recall having to stipulate a time period over which the trapping would occur. As luck would have it I didn't do too well as I couldn't put enough time in to that venue, and I never tried again.

I have a mate with good connections and he cant even help, they are always pulling traps when they do a rod linece check because some folk are not very clever about it............ pity as they even agree there are only signals in there and you can get them in your landing net in summer :yes:

Edited by pavman

Were the birds actually eating the barley or were you just under a flightline and they happned to decoy? I haven't even thought of trying it on anything like that as most stuff is really high round here and i haven't seen anything paying it much attention.

Edited by Markio

Were the birds actually eating the barley or were you just under a flightline and they happned to decoy? I haven't even thought of trying it on anything like that as most stuff is really high round here and i haven't seen anything paying it much attention.

Barley that’s has been laid flat by birds or rain and wind can be very productive, they eat the seed head along with the spur that comes off it not sure how they digest but they do and was full of the stuff. Find an area birds are going in and I use skinny tent pole sections to loft my sillysock deeks just above the barley so it looks like they are feeding on the tops and add a few in any flat areas of crops this is where they will want to land so don’t crowed it, add a lofter and thats all you need no rotary required keep it simple :good:

Barley that’s has been laid flat by birds or rain and wind can be very productive, they eat the seed head along with the spur that comes off it not sure how they digest but they do and was full of the stuff. Find an area birds are going in and I use skinny tent pole sections to loft my sillysock deeks just above the barley so it looks like they are feeding on the tops and add a few in any flat areas of crops this is where they will want to land so don’t crowed it, add a lofter and thats all you need no rotary required keep it simple :good:

Cheers. :good: