Expired SGC

stokie

My cert expired a month ago . I sent off my renewal 3 months back and received a receipt with a letter explaining there was a backlog and not to worry .

Now my dilemma is that the stockpile of carts I bought is running low and we are decoying on Sunday . Do you fancy my chances of buying carts from gunshop with expired ticket obviously I will take the letter with me aswell . But would the shop owner be breaking the law selling them to me

lots of iffs and buts here with regard to having an expired ticket etc. You'll get loads of opinions personally I'd be happy in your situation still having the guns and no temporary ticket as you have a letter from them. Lots wouldn't though as I'm sure you'll find out shortly on this thread ;)

In this case call the shop before bothering to go explain the situation and see what their take on it is. Some will some won't if they won't you will be reliant on mates buying them for you

If they can send a letter saying don't worry, they can push another button that prints you a Temporary Certificate.

At the moment you hold guns illegally, your Firearms dept DOES NOT make the law, their letter may well be mitigation, but you can't buy carts and NO RFD will (should) sell them to you!

:hmm::no:

Dekers that may be strictly true but you never know when the ticket is effectively printed, were it printed and only sent out when the renewal paperwork is finished you would technically have one. there also is never a gap in ticket dates even if they are back dated so it does become a technicality. Of course if you can point me to a single removal of guns where a renewal was sent in on time due to this that would be useful. With it being entirely their fault it would be hard to see it standing up in any court in the land with a letter saying don't worry its their fault. This has been going on for years according to my force a temporary ticket takes exactly the same amount of paperwork as a full renewal and really you can understand that as they couldn't issue one without all the checks being done in case you had done anything naughty in between

Last person I knew who had an expired ticket (exp in 2005) and still had a shotgun in 2010 had no issue when the FEO reissued the certificate.

They tend to not be as anal as you may think. If you can be trusted with a shotgun on the day it expires, you can be trusted on the day after it expires.

funnily enough Billy I know someone similar, where they lost all paperwork of it being signed over to me. he just put in a new application and the gun was on it when he got it no questions where it had been etc despite me having confirmation they had received the e-mail to say it was on my ticket. The key factor is having the renewal in on time and it being their fault they can't process any faster

Dekers that may be strictly true but you never know when the ticket is effectively printed, were it printed and only sent out when the renewal paperwork is finished you would technically have one. there also is never a gap in ticket dates even if they are back dated so it does become a technicality. Of course if you can point me to a single removal of guns where a renewal was sent in on time due to this that would be useful. With it being entirely their fault it would be hard to see it standing up in any court in the land with a letter saying don't worry its their fault. This has been going on for years according to my force a temporary ticket takes exactly the same amount of paperwork as a full renewal and really you can understand that as they couldn't issue one without all the checks being done in case you had done anything naughty in between

Thats what mitigation means. :good:

And the only thing that takes as long with a Temp as a Full cert is the time on the printer.

NO checks or anything else is done with a Temp, it takes info from your existing cert and prints it, end of! :good::good:

If a Temp took as long as the Full cert why on earth would a Temp ever exist?

:hmm: :hmm:

You don't actually need a SGC to buy carts, however it's down to the RFD is they want to sell you some without. Worth a phone call to them I reckon.

There are various ways you can legally buy carts without a SGC.

But walking into a RFD without the appropriate paperwork is not one of them!

:good:

This section applies to ammunition to which section 1 of the

principal Act does not apply and which is capable of being used in

a shot gun or in a smooth-bore gun to which that section applies.

F(A)Act 1988

(2) It is an offence for a person to sell any such ammunition to another

person in the United Kingdom who is neither a registered firearms

dealer nor a person who sells such ammunition by way of trade or

business unless that other person-

(a) produces a certificate authorising him to possess a gun of a

kind mentioned in subsection (1) above; or

(B) shows that he is by virtue of that Act or this Act entitled to

have possession of such a gun without holding a certificate;

or

© produces a certificate authorising another person to possess

such a gun, together with that person's written authority to