A list of rifles made in the UK

freelancer

Webley let their work out. The Sport was made in Spain and a few others were made abroad simply assembled here i beleive

Alros WERE made in the UK too :lol:

This country used to be the biggest industrial nation at one point. Now we simply take a back seat :lol:

Guess thats what we get for bending over and letting the EU shaft us :lol:

LG

It's not just the EU shafting us but the Zionist banking cartel also.

Don't forget the gypsies Adolf!

No no no, you get me all wrong. I'm not having a go at the race of people called Jews. I'm merely pointing out that Zionists (Many of whom are not Jewish) control central banking and have done for centuries. Many Jews are opposed to Zionism.

Not having a go mate!

I agree with you. Infact I am of the opinion that the rich seem to be getting richer off the backs of the poorer. I think what you have should be in direct relation to how much work you put in, not on anything else.

Enough of that though, I come here to get waway from politics!

Gunpower! (Stealth)

I know everyone assumes they're American but they're not! Originally a British concept designed as a Anglo American project and the guns sold in this country are assembled by the man who's concept it was, here in the UK. (The guns sold in the states are assembled there and probably marketed as such!)

The main body being shipped over from the states, the barrle (walther) coming in from Germany and who knows where all the other bits come from?

The fact is production runs of air guns are small and to stay a float our manufacturers have to get bits made where ever its cheapest! :rolleyes:

It's a sad fact that most 'British' air rifle components are manufactured abroad. This is because it's cheaper and more efficient to have 1000 barrels made in a 'state of the art' German factory than pay a skilled artisan 10 times the price to produce one. :thumbs: This is why Purdey do not make air rifles (that I know of :rolleyes: )

P03

This is because it's cheaper and more efficient to have 1000 barrels made in a 'state of the art' German factory than pay a skilled artisan 10 times the price to produce one.

Sorry you touched a nerve there! I left engineering because its totally unappreciated in this country! Its not that we don't have the skill or the 'state of the art' factorys! German engineering isn't as good as its reputation! what the Germans are good at is marketing!

When I left engineering I was a charge hand running my own shop, and bringing home £14.5k, at that time the starting wage for dustman in the area was £16k! Since I've been offered a job doing sub contract components for Rolls Royce but still only £22k when plumbers, electricians, builders, plasterers can all expect £30k+

What do we make in this country now? :rolleyes:

yes im back ;)

ok lets see: 100% british rifles:

ripley

stalker

theoben

alros (i think)

daystate (apart from RWS500 which became the air ranger)

50% british

webley

bsa

air arms

gunpower

and pretty much all the rest

even though it might be a british company and a british name look for the small print as it might just say assembled in UK or parts made in UK (ie barrel)

of the above list britain is still pretty close to, if not being THE top dog in airgun manufacture with stalkers and ripleys as well as theobens being very popular over seas.

ROB ???