Shogun tyres free to good home

beerdeor

Ok chaps here is the score my shogun 1994 has been written off they are coming to collect it friday,but it has 4. 6 month old insa turbo tyres(Bf GOODRICH AT COPIES) on it all with 14mm tread on them.It greives me to sendd the tyres with the truck.To sum up has anybody got a shogun that needs new tyres..........now the catch.I need youur wheels and tyres and this all needs to happen by tomorrow night not ideal I know but cant send it with no wheels I hope some one takes these as it would be a true shame for some scrappy to make money on them

atb Jim

Couldn't you take it to a tyre dealer, Explain that the truck is being scrapped, so ask if they'd take the Good tyres off and put some some barely legal ones on. Then sell the decent set and get your money back.

Worth a try.

Or.....Ask the scrappy if they'd mind you keeping the tyres and would they take the tyres off for you when you get there, Then take them home and sell them.

Though you'd need someone with a van or a big car to help.

Edited by Mk1 Man

I am in the motor trade normally I could have solved this but this one is out of my hands.I'm not happy would happily give then away ,than give them to some pickey I dont mind babout the car going for scrap,,,,,,,,,,,,but the tyres are breaking my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please somebody take them

atb Jim

Racking my brains at how to do this. Can't swap with what I have on at moment (2 new road tyres just put on, hence not being able even to replace the spare). Happy to pay even but you need something to put on. Hmmmm

now if L200 wheels fitted it might be worth a PM to wabbitbosher as I gave him a spare set of road tyres with the truck I sold him, you never know may want to sell and isn't that far away.

now if L200 wheels fitted it might be worth a PM to wabbitbosher as I gave him a spare set of road tyres with the truck I sold him, you never know may want to sell and isn't that far away.

Well assuming they are standard map 6 stud (like my 51 shogun) - all would be good. I'll PM him now :)

Ta very much al4x

Want to be careful as most scrap yards will charge you for the disposal of the tyres.

good tyres they sell as part worn ,there is a big market in part worn tyres,some yards even export them as many parts are stripped containerised and sent over seas,really bad ones are recycled and can be used for playground coverings ,but sounds like the shogun tyre if left on will be on another car soon as the scrappies can sell them