12 guage to .410 adapter

Bluebarrels

Right chaps i was given a 12g to .410 adapter by a mate,took it out today for a play and to be honest it seemed to pattern very well :good:

Anyone used one? and if so what are your thoughs :hmm: Thanks in advance for replies :good: :good: BB

Not used a 12g to 410 but have a 12g to 20g and as you state patterns well. I found it all a bit fiddly with ejecters with carts coming out in the adapter ( called skeeters I think from USA)

Solution was bought a 20g!!!

I fancy a set of 410 or 28 tubes, but thought they were specially fitted for exact fit to your shotgun and not inter changable with outher guns

Where can you get them in UK

Apologies if I have misunderstood - but your comment reads as though you are thinking of a new set of barrels. The 12g to .410 adaptors are similar to these Little Skeeters link.

Hope this helps :good:

Here is an article on 410 adaptors.

not much of a article !!!!!

Took the gamble and brought a gaugemate gold from the states last night 12g to 410 so will report back how it performs for £127 inc postage so not to bad, the cheaper versions require the insert and cartridge to be removed from the gun and then remove the cartridge from the sleeve and then reload, whilst the gold variety releases the spent cartridge without removing the sleeve

Be interesting to see how it patterns against a straight 410 at the same ranges

Looks like they are fully accepted in the states as a replacement to full length insert tubes, should be a bit of fun anyway seeing a 12g go phut and others giving a strange look as they no I only have a 12g and nothing else

not much of a article !!!!!

Took the gamble and brought a gaugemate gold from the states last night 12g to 410 so will report back how it performs for £127 inc postage so not to bad, the cheaper versions require the insert and cartridge to be removed from the gun and then remove the cartridge from the sleeve and then reload, whilst the gold variety releases the spent cartridge without removing the sleeve

Be interesting to see how it patterns against a straight 410 at the same ranges

Looks like they are fully accepted in the states as a replacement to full length insert tubes, should be a bit of fun anyway seeing a 12g go phut and others giving a strange look as they no I only have a 12g and nothing else

Let us know how you get on mate :good: will be interesting to see if it patterns as well as a .410 gun :good:

The adapter my mate gave me is made by Parker-Hale,and i dont need to remove between carts,its got a small recess so youve got access to the fired cart :good: BB