Yesterdays bag

chrispti

Went down the marsh again yesterday morning here is a picture of my efforts :good:

IMAG0365.jpg

Yes another empty bag because I missed AGAIN :blush:

I then went up to a farm for some remedial pigeon shooting :rolleyes: , was set up and ready to go by 0800.

I used 15 shells on spring sticks and added the rotary and flapper when the first birds were down :yes:

The flight line slowed down by 11.30 because the sun was shining in all its glory + it was starting too get hot! so I decided to pack up and go for some breakfast and take the dog down to the beach :good:

Ended up with a mere 26 (20 pictured, 1 still on the flapper, 3 behind the hedge and 2 picked up on my way to get the car)

At least it proved the fact that I get too excited when the ducks and geese come over :oops:

IMAG0364.jpg

Popped out this morning saw plenty let 3 mallard go as couldn't identify them properly lol. Got to love wildfowling !!:good: off out again Tuesday and hopefully I'll shoot something.

On the plus side took the dog for the first time and he sat next to me with no issues at all (except for the pathetic shivering) it wasn't cold and he was not wet!!!

First trip out on Friday and I had a Gadwall. Called the canadas round with the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer short reed call which presented themselves nicely for chrispti who was unusually less than accurate with the shot.

I met up with chrispti later that morning with my young lab to give it some retrieving practice without my having the distraction of shooting as well. Had a very productive hour or so sitting in the hide.

The dog is coming along adequately although it seemed to have forgotten what the stop whistle means. More work needed there. He had his first really lively cripple with which he coped well and picked up ten or so birds without problem.

What chrispti is too modest to tell you is that he took out his frustration on missing the geese by consistently killing a number of spectacular 50 yard+ pigeons. very impressive.

If only he could do that on geese!

The dog is coming along adequately although it seemed to have forgotten what the stop whistle means. More work needed there. He had his first really lively cripple with which he coped well and picked up ten or so birds without problem.

He'll be fine, its all still new and was probably distracted by all the strange new smells rather than him ignoring you :yes: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . perhaps :yp: :lol: