Insurance Query - Ford Ranger

Gun & Dog

Hi

Looking for some advice on insurance for a Ford Ranger. I'm in the process of changing from a C Class Mercedes Estate (currently paying £377 annually) and the best quote I've had for a Ranger is £1012!!

The vehicle is being used purely as a "private car", can anybody tell me why I'm being quoted so much?? And if there is a way to bring down the premium.

Hi

Looking for some advice on insurance for a Ford Ranger. I'm in the process of changing from a C Class Mercedes Estate (currently paying £377 annually) and the best quote I've had for a Ranger is £1012!!

The vehicle is being used purely as a "private car", can anybody tell me why I'm being quoted so much?? And if there is a way to bring down the premium.

Some companies don't insure them as private vehicles so I found which reduces your range a bit. We won't discuss "excesses" for now, but have a look at Churchill as a starting point - someone, as ever, will always find something cheaper, but better? Have two private vehicles insured with them, both in effect on full no claims bonus and when I did something silly to the Ranger, they were superb and their choice of repairer was top notch - was ready to jump ship on this one but they did a cracking job and I'm pleased I didn't. No "extra" increase in premium the following year and currently about £250 ish.

Try Direct Line :good:

I am with Direct Line for my 4 ltr Jeep Cherokee and have been for some years this year it went up a bit so I tried some comparison sits and was surprised to see that I could only better my Direct Line quote by about £25 and that was with a place that I have never heard of so I stayed put with Direct Line.

I am with Direct Line for my 4 ltr Jeep Cherokee and have been for some years this year it went up a bit so I tried some comparison sits and was surprised to see that I could only better my Direct Line quote by about £25 and that was with a place that I have never heard of so I stayed put with Direct Line.

How old you if you dont mind me asking? As age seems to make a massive difference!

I have a brand new L200 barbarian and had problems getting it insured with quite a few places. The main issue is because it is technically a commercial vehicle so many of the traditional insurance companies dont want to know or just put a massive hike on the premium

I alway use NFU for my pickup trucks, cheapest around for me and they will also cover my hardtop which many people wouldnt do.

• 1 month later...