Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

SSS

One of my fishing buddys does. Spent years using the wrong tools for the job whilst working for the gas board. Firm wouldn't supply the 42mm spanners required for meter work despite being asked to supply them on numerous occassions. Had to use adjustable pliers instead and thats what did the damage. Its had a big impact on his life.

ive got it in both hands , had the op on right which so far has worked . left is still numb over night but learned to live with it . the op is for really bad cases , its not 100% guarenteed to make it better . bad if you have a manual job as min 3 weeks of no work , 6 weeks light work . bit hard for me being on the spanners . i lasted 2 weeks light work before i forgot myself and pulled too hard on a spanner . but no harm done just painfull tight stiches .

I've got it in both hands too. And I have a manual job. Lots of using spanners and screwdrivers, which only seem to irritate me more. Problem is Its only a small family business, so it's not as though I can change roles for something a bit more 'steady'. Doctor told me I have to rest, easier said than done.

Go for the op, they cut a deep incision about 1.5" long vertically where your hand joins your wrist, then cut the ligament, (or whatever it is), then stitch it up again.

It not for Sissies as it can look a bit messy and it's done under a local anaesthetic only, but it certainly cured it for me, you must remember to take it very easy on that hand for several weeks afterwards, if it doesn't heal correctly, then you can be back to square one. :o

Cat.

Go for the op, they cut a deep incision about 1.5" long vertically where your hand joins your wrist, then cut the ligament, (or whatever it is), then stitch it up again.

It not for Sissies as it can look a bit messy and it's done under a local anaesthetic only, but it certainly cured it for me, you must remember to take it very easy on that hand for several weeks afterwards, if it doesn't heal correctly, then you can be back to square one. :o

Cat.

dont make excuses for your **** shooting dude :lol: :lol: ;)

dont make excuses for your **** shooting dude :lol: :lol: ;)

I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves, but if you go for the op anywhere near the Wirral, keep a careful eye on that wallet, especially if it's not Giro day..! :lol:

Cat.

I have had both mine done and its starting again it aint plesent how they conduct the op eather its done while your awake i also have vwf and arther in them too abserlout murder in cold damp weather

Yeah, looks like it's ruined your typing.. :hmm:

Cat.

I've had it in both hands for a number of years.

I think that its the price I'm paying for the years that I spent on the spanners.

I cope at work, but don't do much these days.

One day, maybe I'll have the op, but the pain will have to get worse before I do.

Hammers and screwdrivers can be interesting.

webber

I've had it in both hands for a number of years.

I think that its the price I'm paying for the years that I spent on the spanners.

I cope at work, but don't do much these days.

One day, maybe I'll have the op, but the pain will have to get worse before I do.

Hammers and screwdrivers can be interesting.

webber

Hey, but I'm an office worker, I don't get paid to hold spanners, I'm paid from the neck upwards, as they say.

I reckon it's all that hammering away on the Keyboard posting on silly Internet shooting forums that's messed up my hands..!! :lol:

Cat.

I get trouble from time to time, often if I am riding the motorbike. The latter is worse if I find I ride at a steady pace for a long time, it is less if I am on and of the throttle round bends etc.

I asked about the op, and don't like the sound of it so if it gets too much I stop for a while.

Hey, but I'm an office worker, I don't get paid to hold spanners, I'm paid from the neck upwards, as they say.

I reckon it's all that hammering away on the Keyboard posting on silly Internet shooting forums that's messed up my hands..!! :lol:

Cat.

Sure it's not the self abuse looking at mucky websites :lol:

This topic has been on before and as I said last time I had it in both hands - on a round of DTL - after every shot I had to rest gun on the little stand at each peg and the shake my hands to stop the tingling - My job involved cleating small cables and I would pick up a cleat - hold it to cable and found nothing between my fingers - I had no feeling at all - had both hands done at same time and it was like being reborn - I can recommend it - certainly changed my life - I can thank a Locum doc for that op as the useless stuck in past money grabbin normal quack said I had FWT - "fair wear and tear".

I did have a pic of my hand after the op which I wanted to post but for life of me I can't find it.- when I had it done it was put you under and a 3" slash.

Dave

I had something similair with my hand that finished of to this Dupuytren's contracture i had it 7 years (why i was absolutly crappping myself of hospitals).

Anyway anough was anough plucked the currage so went and got it sorted On the day it actually quite relaxing good and very professional and if an op is the way i would highly recommend this option i could of had injections and that but decided to get it sorted right :good:

For me the first week was hard, could not use hand for 1 month it was sort of plaster casted, i was off for a total of 6 weeks.

Photo-0143.jpg

The fix took 6 weeks

001.jpg

Its 3 months ago now finger is straight and no pain what so ever i can fully use hand once again :good:

Good luck

Edited by clubb699