paphos, cyprus

TJ91

There are a fair few grounds about for clays and lots of game shooting. Clay club wise there is a British Forces one in Episkopie that is easy to get to from Paphos. I would not shoot game there they are not to safety conscious I walked off the day I took as I was ask to shoot towards 3 other guns 150 yards way.

Oh don't take a semi auto with you they are banned in Cyprus.

You are so lucky,dont know about the shooting but there is some great tuna fishing to be had by charter boat and mullet from the harbour,also near the harbour there is a Roman settlement well worthy of a visit,oh and by night plenty of hot Italian ladys to keep you rubber necking,as for shooting maybe the timeshare sales as they are very persistent(only joking). Im sure you will have a great time. :good:

there big on there shooting in cyprus, used to caht to all the taxi drivers about it, not sure how you would go about arranging a day out tho, i know there is public land that is hunted, but it is very overshot , find a gun shop n take it from there :good:

click on the union flag to translate to english http://www.airgunhunting.com/

I was in Paphos in May this year, went to the Paphos shooting ground, it's just off the motorway towards Limassol about 15 minutes from Paphos itself. You can hire guns there, I think it was 10 euros, we used a nice Beretta 682 sporter. There's 2 sporting layouts, 2 skeet and a DTL layout, which work on a token system. A token gives you 28 clays for about 5/6 euros and cartridges are about the same. They do refreshments, we spent the whole day there, I can't remember the opening days/times but it was good and the Cypriot national skeet team turned up to practice.

The rough/game shooting is more controlled than many imagine, in recent years more and more areas are posted as no shooting and there is a no-go area around residential properties, which writes-off most of the lower land.

As the "locals" are very jealous of their public shooting areas its worth checking very carefully, or you may be visited by a truckful of unshaven Cypriot shooters.

The local police are also quick to act on complaints from residents.

For clays the British Forces shooting ground at Episkopie is a very friendly, helpful place, I would recommend it.

• 2 months later...

hi mate new to site just reading your topic. lived there for five years in paphos as the ambulance driver for the iasis private hospital. i am a keen fowler ducks/ geese non starter.as for rough shooting they shoot one and other they have to wear hi viz so they dont get shot. if i was you ask your mum to ask the locals about it and if they are honest whitch many cypriots are they will put you straight.failing that get mum to get the cyprus mail it is always published (advise stay clear)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have shot at Nicosia Olympic ground and it is a little run down but the targets are fantastic. I beleive there is a Berreta ground near Limasol I am told is good but again quite run down. The name of the club at Episcopi is the Egg Club dont know if they welcome non members, google it they might have a web site.

Dave