Cant remember a day like it

ferretman_2009

• 3 weeks later...

I was out today. Saw alot of birds (250) on some wheat stubble, went to some maize stubble and pushed off even more. So that's where I set up. Same field I shot 42 a week before, only managed a dozen today and ten crows. They seemed quite wary those that did come back, but there wasn't the same numbers as previously. Mind you didn't get set up till 10.30am, and it was all over by 3pm. Have to set the alarm next time!!

last year got a call can you get on that rape thousands hammering it ( we all know farmers thousands dont we) went next morn never even saw a pigeon saw 1 crow n dropped it where the went know on knows lol

I had one of those a couple of weeks back! "Pigeons starting to congregate on my rape". Gave it a morning, shot the only two that came in to the decoys, safe to say his rape was being ignored entirely by the pigeon population!

Think we all need to wait for the cold weather to hit,this next month is a waste of time as the birds will all be feeding amongst the woods etc,this is the time of year to prepare all the gear for the winter shooting.A good frost on the land and good old cold days will start them on their way to the rape and stubble fields were hopefully we shall get some decent shooting.---Dave

Think we all need to wait for the cold weather to hit,this next month is a waste of time as the birds will all be feeding amongst the woods etc,this is the time of year to prepare all the gear for the winter shooting.A good frost on the land and good old cold days will start them on their way to the rape and stubble fields were hopefully we shall get some decent shooting.---Dave

Not sure why there is a common belief that cold weather/frosts pushes pigeons on to the rape. It simply isn't the case!

Was out on fields where there has been easily 200+ crows and pigeons over the last few days and I shot 2! There just wasn't anything anywhere :(

had the same thing the other day, fields had been covered in them the week before, yet there wasnt one to be seen days later.