countdown to Herts Christmas Dinner

bakerboy

:friends: Hi all,

Well it is only just over 5 days to go and all is in hand, The BAH HUMBUG is awaiting its many news guests, and I am looking forward to a great evening with you all.

Don't forget to bring your Sloe Gin and other varieties along to the meal "Bottle of Champagne" for the best drink, and don't forget your wine and beers for the evening.

If you are coming to the BAH HUMBUG you could win up to £100.00 (that is if you win each of the 4 games) and it will only cost a £5.00, if all 20 attending are at the BAH HUMBUG it will be £25.00 per game winnings, so that will cover the cost of the meal.

Any questions feel frre to contact me. Cheers

Terry

:drinks::friends::yahoo::yay:

huffhuff and wife/Supersharp shooter and wife/philr and wife/bakerboy and wife/ nickbeardo/stealthstalker/garyb/billy/twitchynic/roly/axor/catamong/onefulham/mungler,my brother and his wife Total 20.

Can squeeze in 2 more if you want to come along :good:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I missed the Herts meatfest butcher night I would like to try and squeeze meself in and meet a few of you; need to get hold of the wife first though to ensure I don't upset the apple cart, vital this close to Christmas. Bear with me as she's up in Derbyshire at the mo and reception on the mobile is patchy. Can confirm tonight. Definitely wouldn't make the bah-humbug though and would have to limit the sauce intake too as I'd be ferrying myself there and back.

I can still bring some beer for others though :)

As I missed the Herts meatfest butcher night I would like to try and squeeze meself in and meet a few of you; need to get hold of the wife first though to ensure I don't upset the apple cart, vital this close to Christmas. Bear with me as she's up in Derbyshire at the mo and reception on the mobile is patchy. Can confirm tonight. Definitely wouldn't make the bah-humbug though and would have to limit the sauce intake too as I'd be ferrying myself there and back.

I can still bring some beer for others though :)

I look forward to hearing from you, bring the wife if you want, there will be a few other wives there.

Cheers

Terry

I look forward to hearing from you, bring the wife if you want, there will be a few other wives there.

I wasn't going to bring the car keys, but I will now.

That eBay £1 Ferrari keyring was one of the best things I ever bought.

Edited by Billy.

Menu reminder with the long awaited Vegetarian alternatives for Tracy and Zara.

Canapes: Pigeon Mousse with truffle oil vinegrette, Wild Garlic Crisp Bread & Haw-Berry Shot.A different Hawberry Shot

Starters: Nettle Soup & Wild Duck and Orange Pate.Wild Oyster mushroom Ravioli Floated in nettle soup

Mains: Peasant Pheasant Casserole with creamy mash.Wild Green Spanahopita (filo paste filled with Feta, spices and vegetables)

Dessert: Chestnut Chocolate Torte with Wild Berry Ice Cream.

Dont forget your sloe gins and variations of.

I will post directions shortly.

Edited by bakerboy

I have the GREEN LIGHT please count me in. Just need further details (that's if you want me there!).

Hi David

Nice to have you coming along

The address is;

Old Dairy Farmshop

Tewin Hill Farm

Tewin Hill

Herts

AL6 0LL

I will PM you my contact details.

Edited by bakerboy

If you are coming off the A1M join the B197.

From Old Welwyn/Welwyn Garden City head towards Knebworth, at Woolmer Green with the Church on your Right and the Chequers Pub on the left turn left towards "Datchworth/Watton" (if you are coming from the North through Knebworth the pub will be on your right and the Church on the left)after 500 yards the road forks, take the right fork "White Horse Lane"follow the lane for approx. 1 mile and you come to a cross roads, big sign saying "Burnham Green" go straight over "Orchard Road"this then becomes "Upper Green and then Upper Green Road" after 1 mile, the "Plume of Feathers" pub will be on your left after about "100yards" turn left "Tewin Hill" after 500 yards you have arrived the venue is on the left and you can park on the left or right of the road.

Just a bump to ensure all Diners see what is what.

There may be a slight change in plans.

Depending on numbers at the BAH HUMBUG, we may just play 2 games in between course's at the venue £2.50 per head per game, 1 winner per game £50.00 prize money [b]"CASH"[/b]

This way everyone can be involved, we can still muck about at the BAH HUMBUG and enjoy ouirselves.

Any thoughts?

Edited by bakerboy