countdown to Herts Christmas Dinner

bakerboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the games aren't of the public school "soggy biscuit" type I'm up for some at the venue. Wouldn't want to ruin dinner you see.

2 very quick and simple games, Irish Bingo and Heads and Tails, that will not make a fool of anyone, just make 1 or 2 people a little bit richer for the evening .

Edited by bakerboy

No prob

Nick, if you cannot sort out a lift, I will leave my car at your home on Friday. If you do not mind driving to Stevenage, and if the others can make their way to you (5 seater) you will only have the return trip to worry about and I could organise a good taxi company for the return trip.

Terry

Does anyone have room for me in the car from BH to the venue?

There should be enough spare seats in the cars arriving at the BAH HUMBUG to get us all there, getting home will be a little different but it is easy enough to arrange a taxi or 2 to ferry us to wherever we end up

Hi All,

I've woken up feeling remarkably well and I hope all other diners and topers have too :yes:

I'd like to congratulate Terry for taking the time and effort for organising the get together, Mary and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and it was good to meet old friends and put faces to names :thanks:

Mary gave Nick Beardo a run for his money in the Irish Bingo and was chuffed to win the best Sloe Gin competition with her 2009 vintage impartially judged by Stuart the chef, unfortunately they all tasted much of a muchness to me after the first few shot glasses :blush:

Finally a thank you to Stuart and his two staff for cooking a super meal for 19 people, without a crayfish in sight, in such a small kitchen :thanks:

As it was the Herts Christmas Dinner, I suppose I'd better wish everybody a Merry Xmas too :xmas:

Phil

A "BIG" thanks must go to Terry & Lesley for making me feel so welcome at the Humbug, another to the Chef and staff that presented us with a fantastic meal, and last but not least another to he Herts Massive and there lovely ladies that made the night so enjoyable and a great laugh :good:

Zara: "It tastes like butter cup" :lol:

Billy: "David Bailey Billy" how you could focus I don't know!

Terry: "Don't ell em your name Pike"

Michael

Edited by Axor

Thank you all for making the evening such a success, I think we all enjoyed ourselves. I went to see Stuart this morning to thank him for all his hard work, all he could say was "there were plenty of empty bottles" this would explain the the slow start most of us had this morning.

The winners were, Billy on the heads and tails

Beardo on the Irish Bingo

Mary (Mrs philr) best Sloe gin

And all who took the time to attend

Heres to the next one.