Down under

Sheldon Cooper

what cal rifle do you use mate ?

It says in your quoted text .22 magnum.

OP is that the rimfire or do you guys name another calibre called .22 magnum?

Puts another slant on rimfires for foxes....

Edited by kyska

These piks were taken earlier this year when I was off on my travels to warmer climates (from good old Lancashire England). I went to Australia on a 12 month working visa. I found work quite easily and worked on three different cattle stations ranging in size from 6000 acres to 90000 acres in New South Wales and Queensland. These roos were shot during the day whilst out checking water roughs in the land cruiser. This was actually one of my last days on the farm before I went to New Zealand and I had wanted to do some shooting the whole time I was there but never seemed to have chance till then. **** law the day we had the rifle there were hardly and roos or pigs of which there are usually plenty around. We finally saw these three sitting in the shade of a tree so pulled up. The ozzy guy I was working with handed me the rifle and sad there you go. They were about 80 yards away and having never fired that rifle or a roo before I (stupidly) asked “where should I shoot it” which he said “anywhere in the eye will do” lol. So I aimed at the first head, boom down she went and again with the second. At this point the third, the big male in the front of the pik took off but stopped at about 120 yards the guy then said go for the chest shot which I didn’t fancy because of the first two stoners and the steady rest on the window frame. I was confidant with the head shot again. I missed then got it in the neck presumably because of the bullet drop at the further range. We didn’t take the meat from these because we were busy but they usually get fed to the many dogs, I spoke to a few guys that were professional shooters over there and they lamp them at night. then sell the meat for export (I think) . They all seemed to use .222 centre fires. The rifle was an unknown make all I remember was that it was a .22 magnum rim fire with a 4X scope and was made in the Philippines. I was very chuffed with my first out back shooting and felt even better when the ozzy guy shot at and missed a pig later that day. I told him that in England a lot of people would say that calibre was under powered to which he said he had shot everything with it. (Wild dogs, dingoes, roos, rabbits, wild pigs). At the time I said to myself when I get home I am going to put in for my firearms licence. I just bought a cz American in .22 lr and will shortly be getting a hmr. If only I had 90000 acres to go at.