That's Britain

gixer1

I'll go along with dog poo.

The streets are filthy with it in my town.

The problems I faced while I was beach fishing last weekend were peoples dogs rifling through my gear because they could smell the bait. Not one single dog returned to its owner when called, they just tried to have conversations with them, like the dog understood.

Once it got dark I found it's not easy to spot a brown dog **** on a brown beach :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and wish I lived in a place that was suitable for me to keep one, but some of the owners want flaying with the leads that they kept stuffed in their pockets :mad: :mad: :mad:

Saw a trailer for this and vowed not to watch it, usual BBC guff

I find your rather off-hand dismissal of this new and enlightening, homegrown BBC output rather galling. I'll have you know that both Jocasta and Jemima spent many, many months and many tens of thousands of pounds of licence payer fees in order to bring this televisual feast to your TV's. I would have thought the least you could do is to celebrate the fascinating and scintillating stories that have been brought to you without consideration to either time or expense. I shall pass on your comments to the many hundred strong production team that have spent so long deliberating over the most irrelevant and inconsequential of details of this production whilst sipping at licence fee funded lattés and Pret A Manger bagels in the lavish and overly ostentatious surroundings of a White City meeting room.

Tssch.

I find your rather off-hand dismissal of this new and enlightening, homegrown BBC output rather galling. I'll have you know that both Jocasta and Jemima spent many, many months and many tens of thousands of pounds of licence payer fees in order to bring this televisual feast to your TV's. I would have thought the least you could do is to celebrate the fascinating and scintillating stories that have been brought to you without consideration to either time or expense. I shall pass on your comments to the many hundred strong production team that have spent so long deliberating over the most irrelevant and inconsequential of details of this production whilst sipping at licence fee funded lattés and Pret A Manger bagels in the lavish and overly ostentatious surroundings of a White City meeting room.

Tssch.

You obviously didn't watch the live weather show, now that really was a great use of licence payers money :hmm:

Any one watch the above? Can't believe the most common complaint was dog poo... :blink:

Also a bit odd that the program was called "that's Britain" and Wales, N Ireland and Scotland didn't get a mention... :/

We too are quite used to not getting a mention! Both Great Britain and the United Kingdom seem to either end at the perimeter or the M25 - or if the English are being very generous, at the Watford Gap.

By way of revenge, we refer to England, Scotland & Wales as the "off islands" but the tilt is not at the Scots or the Welsh!