Kangaroo shooting in Australia

Nicky T

Have been in Australia for the past 10 days with work and am leaving to head home today :(

Whilst we were here we got a chance to do a bit of rifle shooting and to go hunting! The property we were at was approx 150 acres of bushland including a mixture of rocky terrains, open plains and dense undergrowth. We had a mixture of shooting experiences including trying a selection of rifles, hand guns and explosives on the firing range, some stalking for bush pigs and kangaroos and went out for some spot-lighting at night. Here are a couple of pics from the experience:

Tikka T3 308

post-12370-0-47126700-1323031303.jpg

First long range kill

post-12370-0-45698700-1323031339.jpg

just after i got into shooting, me & the wife went to see the daughter in cairns queensland, 2 days before where due to leave for sydney see gave me a couple of shooting mag,s. turn,s out some of the best shooting was less than 1hr away, she,d had the mag,s for a week but kept them under wraps untill it was too late too do anything about it. still got the mag,s 20 yr,s later. look up GUNS & GAME. a great mag wish we could get it here.

It was well worth the extra effort to get a hunting excursion in on this trip! :yes:

The fact that we had this selection of guns to shoot made the decision even easier :lol:

post-12370-0-46205800-1323044999.jpg

Not to mention a significant amount of ammo to consume:

post-12370-0-32137800-1323045016.jpg

Edited by Nicky T