Giving shooting a bad name

LordAJ

Whilst drivin home late last night i noticed a car driving around the trading estate with youngs lads hanging out of the window with wat looked like a sawn off airrifle. The stock had been cut down leaving a pistol grip, and the barrel had been cut down aswell. This must be an illegal conversion of an air weapon and i was disguted to see them trying to shoot live quarry. i.e rabbits which over run the trading estate. They do need to be controlled, but not by young lads with inappropriate weapons. Behaviour such as this, gives shooting a bad name.

LordAJ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:good::lol: young and stupid. they think having a gun makes them luk good to the ladies and gves them power. they dont understand the true meaning of vermin control !!! but dont get me wrong there are sum young lads that do the job properly but the number that dont is growing rapidly !!! :lol::)

LordAJ

May i suggest when you see em in future you calmly take a note of their Registration plate and ring the old Bill (explaining) they are driving round the estate shooting from the car indiscriminantly with what looks to be a Sawn off gun

Don't mention it's an AIR rifle just a sawn off gun and they will most likely send the ARU out :good::)

Sitting putting up with it does LITTLE tp protect the future of our sport :lol:

LG

LordAJ

May i suggest when you see em in future you calmly take a note of their Registration plate and ring the old Bill (explaining) they are driving round the estate shooting from the car indiscriminantly with what looks to be a Sawn off gun

Don't mention it's an AIR rifle just a sawn off gun and they will most likely send the ARU out :good::)

LG

gd suggestion quite agree!! :lol:

LordAJ

LG

:lol::lol: I would have picked up the phone to the local constabulary.

I am absolutely disgusted, these disorderly people make me sick. Dont you think that security cameras would have seen them? I'm sure that what they were doing was completely illegal. Don't think that people like this should even be allowed guns, I know the sort of people that would do it, as i live near to the area where lordaj saw this. This act should have definitely have been reported to the police and i just can't believe that people do this. it does give shooting a bad name. :good:

I don't think these scum should be connedted to shooting because although they had a gun they are nothing to do with us. :good:

What about terrorists as they are terrorising the community?

That way they can be dealt with under those laws. Come on You Labour government spineless pieces of pond life get on with it, sod the Human rights angle round them up and drop them in the river. :)

Highlander,

Quote, take down the vehicle reg and call the bill 'cause if they get away with rabbits next they'll be shooting kids!

I shoot rabbits, are you suggesting that I will be shooting kids next?

come off it you lot, in my opinion,it appears you have all jumped to an irrational conclusion. Reporting them to the police will bring un wanted publicity. ask your self who are they hurting? who is the victim here, other than the bunny. If this was the town centre then I would agree with you, but was the trading estate deserted? maybe no one was there?

I think the law allows an air rifle to be fired within 50 feet of the centre of a highway, if in so doing, does not cause any member of the public using that highway to be detoured or feel threatened? So Lord AJ, if you felt threated and was forced to detour for you own safety, then I would agree with your point of view, however if you thought it was not threatening your personal safety then you may be judging them un fairly.

just my 2 cents worth...

Rabid Bunny,

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?:good:?:)?:lol:?:lol:/

So you don't think this as being an issue, come on get real. With your attitude it wouldn't surprise if you were into shooting kids.

It is completely irelevant, whether the estate was deserted or not. The title of this thread should apply to you.

Cheers

Martin

rabid bunny if you shoot rabbits or anything else for that matter then I hope you do so with a more responsible attitude than appears to be the case with these louts. Whatever the weapon, in this day and age, with the pressures we as (legitimate) shooting folk are under we should not only show responsibility for our actions but also make sure others do so too. If these kids are legitimate shooters then that's no way to go about it and they need sorting. If they're not (they're illigitimate :good: ) then they should be stopped.

Highlander,

Quote, take down the vehicle reg and call the bill 'cause if they get away with rabbits next they'll be shooting kids!

I shoot rabbits, are you suggesting that I will be shooting kids next?

come off it you lot, in my opioion,it appears you have all jumped to an irrational conclusion. Reporting them to the police will bring un wanted publicity. ask your self who are they hurting? who is the victim here, other than the bunny. If this was the town centre then I would agree with you, but was the trading estate deserted? maybe no one was there?

I think the law allows an air rifle to be fired within 50 feet of the centre of a highway, if in so doing, does not cause any member of the public using that highway to be detoured or feel threatened? So Lord AJ, if you felt threated and was forced to detour for you own safety, then I would agree with your point of view, however if you thought it was not threatening your personal safety then you may be judging them un fairly.

just my 2 cents worth...

Rabid Bunny,

If you think that shooting out of a car window on a public highway is a legal and acceptable thing to do, you are even more stupid than your username suggests. :good::):lol:

all I`m saying is if it was late at night, with no body there, who`s at risk? Why would any body assume they might be terrorists or armed gangsters or something? Like I said, if nobody was there and nobody sees them then so what? Who`s going to blame you? How would it give legitimate shooting a bad name? maybe if you reported them to the police, then that would become public, then you might get a bad name? :good:

this sort of behaviour always reflects badly on the majority of shooters who are safe and sensible. This sort of behaviour also impacts hugely on young shooters as i have had a variety of problems due to my age when i have been out shooting just because people seem to think any young person with a gun is up to no good and probably breaking the law because of the few people who act in irresponsible ways.

I pride myself on being a safe and responsible shot but i still get classified as just another kid with a gun who's up to no good.

So it is OK to rob a bank at night when there is noone there?

It is OK to shoot animals on public land as long as noone is there? I sincerely hope that you do not have or ever apply for a SGC or FAC as you are not fit to hold a cap gun let alone anything more potent.

Attitudes like yours are not needed by this sport. Go and slither back under your stone

Cheers

Martin

Gang of lads with a sawn off gun shooting it out of a car window :good:

Sorry but if you can't see how that casts a bad shadow on shooting in general I can't help ya!

Get the plate number next time and pick up the phone, it'll be better for everyone in the end.

John

I see what rabid bunny is getting at here - humane/legalities apart. If those guys are reported the info comes into the public domain... If no reporting takes place then adverse publicity will not take place?

I'm taking this as read as we've no idea what LordA actually saw. So assuming it was as said...RB sure it wasn't you in the vehicle???

LordA said it looked like a sawn off air rifle??? but whatever events like this are exactly why the powers that be are pressing for (or maybe they've already done it!) a ban on airguns for youngsters.

Any iresponsible behaviour when in possession of any type of weapon (and I include knives here as they seem to be featuring a lot lately) should be discouraged (severely) in order to protect the innocent (and here I mean us not the victims of crime).

You might want to rethink your attitude.

even if reporting it would bring it into the public domain surely not doing anything and just turning a blind eye to it is worse as they will just continue to go around shooting in an irresponsible way untill someone is either hurt or someone else sees it and reports it anyway and if someone else sees it it will then have left a negative impact on them possibly leading them to belive that this is what we are all like.

RB,

Thats all very well, but if they are left to carry on, then eventually they will do something to bring it into the public domain.

As for there being no harm done if no-one knows about it, what about Armed Trespass and in a public place!

Just leaving them be in the hope it doesnt get any worse is way out of order, more so than the act itself. Phone the bill before it gets out of hand. If it becomes a tabloid thing then a responsible shooter reported misbehaving youths with gun, can only be good.

Edit: for post overlap.

Edited by Axe

I have read the posts by "Rapid muppet" and ................................... well to be honest words escape me. I have come to the conclusion that he must be a troll coming in here and poking it up. If he isn't then well as far I'm concerned he doesn't belong here. :good: