Does any one now how to make a pair of shooting sticks

Chrisyboy

Hi

Wrap a bit of 1"wide cycle inner tube so that it overlaps as you wind it round over the first 6", taping off at either end (electricians pvc tape) - this will prevent slipping/marring of the stock.

A rubber vacuum drive belt twisted to figure eight and folded on itself is a snug fit over the two garden canes and will last far longer than alternatives.

If you want a photo of the top end of the ones I use drop me a PM.

Cheers

here you go mate.

Built mine last week and they work a treat....

Cost me £7.00 in total for all that he shows.

B&Q do every thing from sticks (Garden section)

Black elec tape (elec section)

O rings & pipe lagging (Plumbing section)

Follow the video and bobs your uncle.

Lee.

+1...... You'll not go far wrong with this.

I used 2 lightweight brush shafts instead of the garden canes as I had a couple lying about.

Does the business. :good:

the best sticks you will ever come across are a set of fox banksticks they have a quick release tab on the pole so you can use them from laying down to standing in a seconds notice then all you need to do is drill them 150mm from the top and space them off and bolt them together or i make a machined spacer to fit exactly and two button screws at each end finish them nicely .a couple of legnths of 15mm foam and you will have a set of sticks for life .i find them more versitile than wooden ones because if you need to take a shot laying down or sat you can only use the wooden ones as a mono stick if they are bolted or roll the rubber down which takes longer to set up if you need pics i can put some up for you,atb wayne

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120778858672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the best sticks you will ever come across are a set of fox banksticks they have a quick release tab on the pole so you can use them from laying down to standing in a seconds notice then all you need to do is drill them 150mm from the top and space them off and bolt them together or i make a machined spacer to fit exactly and two button screws at each end finish them nicely .a couple of legnths of 15mm foam and you will have a set of sticks for life .i find them more versitile than wooden ones because if you need to take a shot laying down or sat you can only use the wooden ones as a mono stick if they are bolted or roll the rubber down which takes longer to set up if you need pics i can put some up for you,atb wayne

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120778858672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

hi wayne any chance of pics please

cheers dave

Hope this works chaps. had good look about on YouTube and found this is fieldsports tv. they look awesome. anyone used/made any? Fancy knocking some up.

:)

I use two sets the same as above but not joined together. I can see them being realy good, a project to try over the holls. With two sets even I can take humane shots with the hmr on Rabbit's at a good distance ;-)

atvb Paul.

I use two sets the same as above but not joined together. I can see them being realy good, a project to try over the holls. With two sets even I can take humane shots with the hmr on Rabbit's at a good distance ;-)

atvb Paul.

Thought the same mate. they ok awesome. think might need wee play with em to get hang of em smoothly. holiday project too i think.

Baza