Another day another photo

woodcock1

Got a few hours out this evening. Went to some high ground a few miles away due to the mild weather. Hunted the edge of some forestry. Rose 8 birds that I saw fired 3 shots and here is the result. Then waited a while at the corner of the the forestry block as darkness fell. Just one woodcock came out over the top of the trees and presented a nice shot to make a total of four for the evening. No photo of the last one as it was almost dark.

post-24214-0-83547100-1324575266.jpg

Edited by woodcock1

Nice shooting there and good sport. I love days like that. :good:

I notice you have a side by side shotgun with a single trigger, could you tell me what make it is please, i'm in the market for one.

Tight Lines

Aled

It's a Ruger Gold Label 12g. Its also multi choke, steel proof and 3" chambered and only 6 1/4lb weight. No longer produced and only ever a few of them were brought into uk. I believe this is the only one in NI.

It's a Ruger Gold Label 12g. Its also multi choke, steel proof and 3" chambered and only 6 1/4lb weight. No longer produced and only ever a few of them were brought into uk. I believe this is the only one in NI.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :good: It does look a good un.

I'll keep looking in the gun shops.

Cheers

Aled

Nice shooting there and good sport. I love days like that. :good:

I notice you have a side by side shotgun with a single trigger, could you tell me what make it is please, i'm in the market for one.

Tight Lines

Aled

zabala do a nice side by side single trigger multi choke ejector ive got the 20 bore nice guns