CROWS

hawkeye

Had a call on Monday from one of my farms the black stuff was hitting his maize field would I like to sort them.

Couldn’t make it on Monday so went Tuesday morning got there and set up about 10-30 ish .

They were coming from behind me a lot so had to put a lid on the hide which just left a slot at the front to shoot out of shot the lot sat down did not have to get up once, set out 13 decoys odd number don’t know where the odd one comes from possible scaffmans.

IMG_0486.jpg

Anyhow the pattern works bit like pigeon decoying really just stand about 10 paces from the hide and chuck them about where they land I set them up the only difference to pigeons I find is to spread crow decoys further apart.

IMG_0483.jpg

As I was set up so close to the farm the farmer kept coming into the hide to see how I was getting on and spent time spotting them for me as they were coming in to the decoys.

IMG_0482.jpg

He could not believe how they were decoying he said in 50 years of farming he had never seen it done like this before.

Any how i shot till 2pm then picked up 30 black ones 6 went into the corn field behind me so left them total shot 36 and one happy farmer.

His last comment was when can you come back. :good:??? :( :devil::blush:

cheers guys ive shot this farm quite a bit over the last few weeks getting any where between 25 and 37 birds a time.

the pleaseing thing about this time is the farmer saw it all and didnt just have to take my word for it. :good:???

they where still coming in to the decoys while i was packing up,

could have stayed longer but i had been of colour

with a tummy bug the day before and wasnt feeling 100%

so called it a day will go again within next few days. ??? :( :good:

Had a call on Monday from one of my farms the black stuff was hitting his maize field would I like to sort them.

Couldn’t make it on Monday so went Tuesday morning got there and set up about 10-30 ish .

They were coming from behind me a lot so had to put a lid on the hide which just left a slot at the front to shoot out of shot the lot sat down did not have to get up once, set out 13 decoys odd number don’t know where the odd one comes from possible scaffmans.

i'll put the bill is the post for that crow, rent money and 1 quid for every black one it helped to bring in :good:??? :( :devil:

Couldn�t make it on Monday so went Tuesday morning got there and set up about 10-30 ish .

They were coming from behind me a lot so had to put a lid on the hide which just left a slot at the front to shoot out of shot the lot sat down did not have to get up once, set out 13 decoys odd number don�t know where the odd one comes from possible scaffmans.

i'll put the bill is the post for that crow, rent money and 1 quid for every black one it helped to bring in :drool::D:good::good:

Pity that one was right at the back of the pack so didnt help at all so pizz off..... :good::good::sick::oops::oops: