Recomend me some gaitors !

Salop Matt

As above, while my neopreen wellies keep my feet warm and "dry" upto the knee they simply arnt a patch on high anckle boots comfort wise so am looking at some lowa`s and thinking of some gaitors to keep the waterproofing from long wet grass ! The wellies also make my feet sweat as they cant breath so ar always wet/dam after walking round lamping !

I have never had them before so dont know whats good and whats not so some recomendations would be good by those who have owned and used them ! :good: (i dont want to break the bank either) :good:

Edited by salop sniper

As above, while my neopreen wellies keep my feet warm and "dry" upto the knee they simply arnt a patch on high anckle boots comfort wise so am looking at some lowa`s and thinking of some gaitors to keep the waterproofing from long wet grass ! The wellies also make my feet sweat as they cant breath so ar always wet/dam after walking round lamping !

I have never had them before so dont know whats good and whats not so some recomendations would be good by those who have owned and used them ! :good: (i dont want to break the bank either) :good:

I was sent some Deerhunter ones about 4 or 5 years ago by Harv (cheers dude). I still wear them all the time, and they arer built to last.

These are em

http://www.countryfirstdirect.co.uk/product_desc.php?id=679

I can honestly say, they are the bit of kit ive had and used the longest. :good:

Yeti gaiters are the best IMHO especially on compatible boots keep you dry up to your knees but you are wearing boots, not wellies

:good:

A pig to get on, but worth it :yes:

Lowa's are good, had mine for about 10 years before they gave up. The meindl burma pro are exactly the same and also worth a look :good:

Edited by chrispti

:good:

A pig to get on, but worth it :yes:

Lowa's are good, had mine for about 10 years before they gave up. The meindl burma pro are exactly the same and also worth a look :good:

Once get the nack they go on ok Lowa are good boot but can be heavy I prefer altberg as they are lighter worn every day with yetis for 2 winter tours of afghan and still going strong had bother 6 years now my Lowa only lasted 5 year

Le Chamaeu gaiters are the best I've tried. I had a pair of Hoggs ones which lasted two days the chams are now on their second season. The waxed Barbour one's are decent enough but make sure you try them over your boots first. I couldn't fit them over my Lowa's!

Also Lowa boots are by far the best. Mine are 3 years old and still perfect. Much better than those leaky Meindl's.

i had a set of yetis you look like your going on the moon and everyone takes the p,,s ,i like army surplus gaitors cheap to buy and stops water great ,atb wayne

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-British-Army-Issue-Heavy-Weight-Olive-Green-Waxed-Canvas-Gaiters-/110806109656?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item19cc8f0dd8

Edited by mereside

Once get the nack they go on ok Lowa are good boot but can be heavy I prefer altberg as they are lighter worn every day with yetis for 2 winter tours of afghan and still going strong had bother 6 years now my Lowa only lasted 5 year

I preferred a weighty boot when out walking on the hills :yes: Had a pair of Altberg sneekers which were like slippers, but I didnt think they had as much ankle support.

i had a set of yetis you look like your going on the moon and everyone takes the p,,s ,i like army surplus gaitors cheap to buy and stops water great ,atb wayne

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-British-Army-Issue-Heavy-Weight-Olive-Green-Waxed-Canvas-Gaiters-/110806109656?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item19cc8f0dd8

The thing I like about military issue gaiters is the zips and velcro are at the rear instead of the front like the majority of other gaiters.