Last flight on the marsh

chrispti

Last Flight for me this season, out on the marsh this morning :(

Nice to end it on a high though, managed a right & left then 10 mins later a tripple, happy days :good:

All birds dead in the air using Gamebore 3.5'' BB steel and 2 of the geese taken using similar loads, home loaded by Mudpatten :good:

post-11306-0-86917100-1327924807.jpg

Good to see that my homeloads still work if pointed in the right direction.

At about 15lbs each that`s a game bag weighing a painful-to-carry 75lbs!

I`m thinking that, rather than invest in a bigger game bag, next season you should cammo up a wheelbarrow.

P.S,MPK, after all those nice things you said to his face, the names you kept calling him on the walk back cannot be true, I actually AM his father!

Edited by mudpatten

Good to see that my homeloads still work if pointed in the right direction.

At about 15lbs each that`s a game bag weighing a painful-to-carry 75lbs!

I`m thinking that, rather than invest in a bigger game bag, next season you should cammo up a wheelbarrow.

P.S,MPK, after all those nice things you said to his face, the names you kept calling him on the walk back cannot be true, I actually AM his father!

:lol: :lol: maybe we should invest in a club camo golf buggy........admittedly it would probably only be chrispti that would ever use it !!!

hey well done chris fantastic bag !! its funny how it goes none for you all season then a red letter day today, reminds me of the time i went swimming to get one for your dad then for the next 20 mins flight after flight flew 10 yrds up right where i was sat must do the woods for a few pigeon soon :yes:

Funnily enough it was pretty much the same place they flew over :yes:

Excellent shooting Chris, and my compliments on choice of shot and load. Were you shooting your Mod. tube?

Thanks Timothy, yes mate, I use Mod, (1/2) I found the pattern stays uniform and tight right out to 55 yrds before fist size holes start to appear :good:

How has your season been :hmm:

Thanks Timothy, yes mate, I use Mod, (1/2) I found the pattern stays uniform and tight right out to 55 yrds before fist size holes start to appear :good:

How has your season been :hmm:

If you ever find yourself flush with cash and want to invest in your Maxis, I highly recommend Trulok choke tubes, I bought a set for the Silver and they really do pattern better than the factory tubes.

They also come in .005 increments so you can get really precise with your patterning. ATB

That was really great shooting!!! You wont forget that day soon.

They messed with the zones in our part of the state and the geese arrived about a week after the season closed. It used to stay open through January but thanks to some political maneuvering it now closes the 7th.

Oh well back to the coons

Edited by coyotemaster

If you ever find yourself flush with cash and want to invest in your Maxis, I highly recommend Trulok choke tubes, I bought a set for the Silver and they really do pattern better than the factory tubes.

They also come in .005 increments so you can get really precise with your patterning. ATB

That was really great shooting!!! You wont forget that day soon.

They messed with the zones in our part of the state and the geese arrived about a week after the season closed. It used to stay open through January but thanks to some political maneuvering it now closes the 7th.

Oh well back to the coons

I couldn't get on with the Maxus so I sold it and went back to an Xtrema2 :good:

A friend tried some aftermarket chokes in his Xtrema2, along side mine with the factory issue chokes.

The after market chokes did pattern better with other non toxic loads out to 55 yrds, but there was nothing in it with the Gamebore 3'' and 3.5'' steel loads through both guns.

So I will save my money and just invest in more Gamebore steel cartridges :good:

Better luck for the next season mate, it has been very quiet for us in our part of the country due to the unusual mild weather :/