Jeep cherokee

johnny

Johnny

One of my companies activities is autogas conversion. We have converted many Jeep Grand Cherokees. All have been highly sucessful conversions. We only fit Tartarini equipment for various reasons.

My sons personal car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Please PM me with the details of the car that you are looking at, we may have some pre-used equipment that would reduce the cost.

webber

I think autogas and bio fuels are the future for propelling vehicles.

The only problem round here is finding a Garage/Petrol Station that sells it.

They took autogas out of the local Tescos last year, as they weren't selling any. :good:

If you go on a long journey, you would need to plan your fill up spots along the route.

Is it more readily available on the Continent ?

I had a mate with a cherokee they are ok unless you get one thats towed anything half heavy. They bought one that had been used to tow a horse trailer. fairly shortly after they had it they had to replace the gearbox and not long after the rear axle!

I gather the gearboxes are common if they've towed much and they certainly aren't cheap. But other than that the petrols are certainly cheap for what you get. Autogas will cut a lot of cost but it depends how many miles you do as to whether its a benefit. with a £1000 kit you need to do somewhere near 15K miles before you start saving money.

Are your referring to the old squarer shape Cherokees or the newer model?

If you are referring to the old shape then IMHO stick to the Shogun. The older ones are ok but I found the ride to be dreadful due to ancient leaf spring technology and the seats are pretty uncomfortable plus a chassis rust issue. As others have said the gas conversion doesn't really pay for itself unless you do a lot of miles.

The new shape one's are much better, I ran a 3.7 liter one here for 18 months and they are a far superior beast all round...... In fact so much better that over here their called Liberty's....as Jeep wanted to avoid tarnishing the new one with the previous model's reputation........

I do like the pajero had my swb 6 years and it has hardly put a foot wrong, but I brought the 2.8 lwb and ran that for 3 months but the fuel bills were shocking at around 18-20 mpg so have sold that and am back in the old swb but I just fancy a change. how reilable are the jeeps I know they have axel trouble but what else should I look for?

cheers

john

More 20 years ago a company I worked for ran small fork lift trucks on what looked like calor gas? it seems not to have moved far forward since than, not sure why if its as good as they say?

I've a pal who has a nissan skyline thats on gas! Its as quick on gas as it is on petrol. Just on gas it gets there cheaper! :lol:

Drove a Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8 on fuel &gas. Never again!!!

3x fuelpump, 1x waterpump. A lot of electrical problems & 1x motor jammed and a lot of other small problems in a period of 4 years. I sold the car and the man who bought it also had a lot of problems with it.

But from what I hear all 4x4's have there problems.