Shotgun licence revocation.

Smog On Tyne

Turns out the Dr at the surgery who completed the form is not the doctor I see, is TOTALLY anti shooting, doesnt see it as a sport to which replied you better ring the Olympic Comittee then love!!!

SHE THEN SAID FOR ALL I KNOW YOU COULD BE THE NEXT RAUL MOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Had to hold the wife back at this point! Appointment with Practice Manager today to make a formal complaint and to sort this out

Edited by Smog On Tyne

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cookoff013

Turns out the Dr at the surgery who completed the form is not the doctor I see, is TOTALLY anti shooting, doesnt see it as a sport to which replied you better ring the Olympic Comittee then love!!!

SHE THEN SAID FOR ALL I KNOW YOU COULD BE THE NEXT RAUL MOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Had to hold the wife back at this point! Appointment with Practice Manager today to make a formal complaint and to sort this out

!

:o

you should write to your MP.

In that case, her comments should be disregarded by the police, she has admited she does not know you, do yourself a favour and join BASC,Now!!!!! you need help on this one or you will get stiffed, profesionals have a habit of sticking together, like it or not thats the way it is

so when you fill in your application, dose it not state that they want info from YOUR dr.

me personally, would make the dr's life hard, anyone who would listen would know about it.

I would take it as far as it could possibly go.

Based on the above, since the police are only looking for professional opinion as to your mental health, she must have lied in her response to the police as a result of her anti-shooting views. Otherwise why would they revoke? Her personal views are irrelevant so one can only conclude that she responded to the request to suit her own agenda.

This would be highly unprofessional and she would run the risk of disciplinary action by the GMC. Frankly, even her comments to you would be enough to complain to the GMC if you can prove them.

Shocking, but there are flaws with every system, seems that a, the Police should ensure the response they get is from your GP and b, you have the right to know what's been said and why.

It also seems sensible that given there are a limited number of Doctors in a given area,(and the same GPs names must be given by applicants/renewers time and time again) the police should have a chat to them at some point and "sound out" any that are Anti's. I guess there is the issue of manpower though!

Good luck getting your cert and gun back mate, will be interesting to see if this anti-doc is involved in the other cases too!

At this point I think it would be a good idea to suggest that Smog on Tyne is VERY careful about what he puts up on a public forum.

We have had members completely bungle any chances of overturning revocations by ranting on the forum. The police, and others, read what you type on here.

If I were you, I'd go and join BASC and then tell us in a few weeks how you got on. Dont ruin your chances like others have by chopsing off on here (not that I am saying you have so far).

At this point I think it would be a good idea to suggest that Smog on Tyne is VERY careful about what he puts up on a public forum.

We have had members completely bungle any chances of overturning revocations by ranting on the forum. The police, and others, read what you type on here.

If I were you, I'd go and join BASC and then tell us in a few weeks how you got on. Dont ruin your chances like others have by chopsing off on here (not that I am saying you have so far).

That's all damn good advice, If I were you, I'd take it.

Best of luck with it all