proper weather for fowling some recent flight's on the foreshore

washwildfowler

well i have been on holiday this last week and done nothing but shooting pheasants and wildfowling down the foreshore in good old fowling weather ..

it's the young dogs first full season this year , i had him out in feb last year 3 or 4 times but he was not properly ready for it .....

there has been a few duck about but i have had to work hard for them and i have had a few geese also ..taking a nice triple out at canadas Saturday morning ...

the young dog had what i would call a fantastic retrieve this morning (sunday) and it made my week , i pulled a canada out second shot and it peeled out over the other side of the river , he marked it well and was off in fine style for his canada ..

i do apologize for the commentary but he is a young dog and i wanted to encourage him has much as i could , the video is not the best because it's on my mobile phone , look for the black dot on the edge of the river ,by the time i got my phone out the dog is right over the far side of the tidal river.. watch how the flow of the river takes him down river ...he also retrieved my right and left at wigeon out the river this morning also , i have to say he has the making of a great fowling dog , he is learning every time i take him out ...

for some reason , i can't rotate the video

click on the first pic

th_blacks5212046.jpg

blacks5212057.jpg

shooting095.jpg

blacks5212043.jpg

shooting107-1.jpg

blacks5212048.jpg

blacks5212050.jpg

blacks5212048.jpg

blacks5212052.jpg

blacks5212053.jpg

Edited by washwildfowler

Well done, what marsh was you on ??

Were the geese shot on "the wash " as I did not realise we get any numbers of canadas on there.

Good shooting wherever they were taken though.

yes the geese were shot on the wash , they were shot on south lincs marshes . there is not many canads really one day they are there the next they are not .....

lets hope we can get some decent shooting with all this weather it's be very poor for fowling around this side of the wash this season ....

been down tonight and only see 5 ducks but i did bag 3 of them ....

Were the geese shot on "the wash " as I did not realise we get any numbers of canadas on there.

Good shooting wherever they were taken though.

I've seen number of 50 or so canadas at sutton bridge before. There was 20 or so geese on the great ouse up against the west lynn side last week, didn't quite see what they were thought.