labstaff

Hi all,

Currently filling out my application for Firearms ticket. Last time I did this I didn't bother with a moderator (don't ask me why!). What would deem a good reason to have it? I was thinking health and safety, prevent noise pollution, something like that?

Any advice welcome!!

Thanks all

Is it for target shooting or in the field?

Just put down for each calibre with moderator, and then if you get asked why you need it at the interview then tell them it's so that a) it doesn't damage your hearing (it's dangerous to wear ear protection in the field as you may not hear someone approaching you when shooting) and B) so that when you've shot something it doesn't scare everything else away. I suppose in some areas you could also argue about scaring horses or members of the public.

You shouldn't need to actually put these reasons down on the application, if it's for use in the field it should be granted without question.

Hi all,

Currently filling out my application for Firearms ticket. Last time I did this I didn't bother with a moderator (don't ask me why!). What would deem a good reason to have it? I was thinking health and safety, prevent noise pollution, something like that?

Any advice welcome!!

Thanks all

you wont get refused a mod anyway,you havnt got to put a reason down,unlike years ago it was like asking for the crown jewels

Going back 20-30 years (actually a lot more) moderators were simply non starters, I never really understood why, this was at the time we could all access pistols with relative ease (I do miss my old Star .22, cracking workhorse).

Funny how things chance, mods are easy today, try and get a pistol!

:good: