New rifle at last

deputy dog

Glad to say lads, after 8 months of headwork trying to save money for my new rifle.

I finally went down to Sportsmans GC and actually bought it.

After shouldering a few i decided on the Browning X Bolt Stainless, with Fluted barrel

in .243 flavour with all the trimmings, though only a modest scope to go along with till

i get enough for a more prestigous scope to sit on top.

Big thanks to PaulT of this forum for taking his time to run me down after work to get it

i very much appreciated it mate, thanks a lot.

Cant wait to get it zeroed in now and out after the foxes, trigger finger is a little itchy

to say the least now haha.

Hope to post some pictures on this site of the success i'm hopefully going to have with my new

toy, in the not so distant future.

DD

Glad to say lads, after 8 months of headwork trying to save money for my new rifle.

I finally went down to Sportsmans GC and actually bought it.

After shouldering a few i decided on the Browning X Bolt Stainless, with Fluted barrel

in .243 flavour with all the trimmings, though only a modest scope to go along with till

i get enough for a more prestigous scope to sit on top.

Big thanks to PaulT of this forum for taking his time to run me down after work to get it

i very much appreciated it mate, thanks a lot.

Cant wait to get it zeroed in now and out after the foxes, trigger finger is a little itchy

to say the least now haha.

Hope to post some pictures on this site of the success i'm hopefully going to have with my new

toy, in the not so distant future.

DD well in mate happy hunting and good luck :good: :good: :good:

excellent choice fella,I'm currently saving myself for an x-bolt in 223, I think there lovley to look

at and being a browning I should imagine the quallity will be there to, but never having fired one no had one i can only

assumme.

so i'll be keeping an eye on your fuiture posts with intrest..goodluck with it and ATB. :good:

Well i hope its a good choice lads ha ha, cant wait to put it through its paces and see what we can do together. She feels right in the handling for me, just hope it fires as well as it says on the paper work. Bit of paper punching first, then have go at the four legged varmints with bushy tails.

Hopefully i'l have a few pictures soon enough showing how much old charlie dont like us together. But im confident its going to be a good partnership. Keep you posted how i get on.

DD

Yes Paul that sounds good enough to me butt, have s good zero session and see whats what with said new rifle.

Iv been looking at those Norma 75gr VMax and i think that Steve down by my yard sells them for 23 quid odd a box. So i may get a box of those to see how it likes them and stick with them if it does.

I think a few pints of mad apple maybe in order after said zero session and watch Wales stuff England in the 6 nations. See you next weekend butt.

DD

Yes Paul that sounds good enough to me butt, have s good zero session and see whats what with said new rifle.

Iv been looking at those Norma 75gr VMax and i think that Steve down by my yard sells them for 23 quid odd a box. So i may get a box of those to see how it likes them and stick with them if it does.

I think a few pints of mad apple maybe in order after said zero session and watch Wales stuff England in the 6 nations. See you next weekend butt.

DD

Im up for that.