PW S/E clay shoot venues

dunganick

okay i tried this once before without much success. but after a relative success with the essex meeting we should make an effort to make this a regular thing.

So tell me a few things so i can start working some things out...

Would you rather 1x a month or 1x every 2 months

give me 3 clay grounds local to you or which you would be willing to travel to.

Also who would be intrested in shooting dartford sometime next month, and then of course hte following month we have the bisley meet

Nick,

I would be happy to shoot somewhere in Kent, owing to a job change it would need to be a weekend, and the first saturday I am free is 15th July.

Can I propose the dartford ground for a 9.30AM start?

Cheers

Martin

I reckon if we planned to go to either of those 2 grounds we would need an update from someone who has been there recently, I gave up those journey's when I opted out of the company car scheme some time ago :)

Caterham was getting busy, and I had heard that some Horne venues weren't too clever.

If it has legs we may even be able to tempt the Brighton 'bum troublers' up the A23 :lol:

Dartford, Caterham or Horne are ok for me although i've never shot them before

dates i will just have to get round as i work shift work and have to go in some weekends

great idea Nick

i would urge anyone tempted to give it a go it really is good company and a great day out

as you can see by our scorecards Digweed, Faulds ect we ain't so don't be shy

LB,

Sorry mate, no offence meant.

I have shot Lakenheath as well and it is a nice ground. bit too far for most of the south coast guys I suspect.

I would be up for a once a month, PW world series clay championship. We may have to make it a south V North thing though. and then a team shoot off at somewhere like Sporting targets at Bedford as a finale.

Cheers

Martin

That's good idea Martin :)

I am sure the 'Northern' boys will have something to say about Bedford being halfway between the South and the North though :lol: spoken like a true Southerner!

As completely seperate suggestion, and something for the diaries...

Lower Lodge have a pub challenge shoot once a year, where each 'pub' enters a 4 man team, total scores for the team to count. It used to e enter as many as you like and the best 4 scores go forward but it got a bit busy. We didn't go last year as the queing got a bit mad, but apparently they have sorted that now.

I will let you know when I get the invite, we could enter the PW Arms as a team?

Oh, and it's between Christmas and New Year, but I know some of you boys need a lot of warning if you are planning a journey outside the county :)

My other half spent the day at Bisley Shooting Ground (http://www.bisleyshooting.co.uk/index1.htm) yesterday on a work day out. She said it was a seriously impressive, and challenging Sporting layout. Over 70 stands in the Surrey countryside. I'm looking into (the probably high) prices etc today, as I want to investigate it myself.

Anyone shot there before?

horne cpc shoot on sundays and have three grounds,one at gatton bottom ( next to the m25 on reigate hill),one at godstone vineyard ( right at jct 6 of the m25) and one just off the a23.

all their grounds are within five minutes of the motorway.ive shot the first two but not the third,gatton bottom was the most challenging and has ten stands as opposed to the vineyards eight.

the girl in the burger van/cartridge selling/card shop is GORGEOUS so if you decide to shoot there i will attend to score (and maybe count the clays you break too) :)

never shot caterham,meant to pull in there but the lure of a lovely lass was too strong :)

i took my own shells last time i went,then went and put them back in the car so id have to buy some from her,then shot two practice rounds instead of one.

no wonder im potless :lol:

horne cpc shoot on sundays and have three grounds,one at gatton bottom ( next to the m25 on reigate hill),one at godstone vineyard ( right at jct 6 of the m25) and one just off the a23.

all their grounds are within five minutes of the motorway.ive shot the first two but not the third,gatton bottom was the most challenging and has ten stands as opposed to the vineyards eight.

the girl in the burger van/cartridge selling/card shop is GORGEOUS so if you decide to shoot there i will attend to score (and maybe count the clays you break too) :)

If you're talking about the lovely dark haired Michelle, she's probably old enough to be your mother..!!

She's a bit like a good bottle of red wine, improves with age, quite a rare feature in females..!!

Cat

So, Caterham it is then!

Cat,

Have shot Caterham recently?

I may go round there anyway even if the PW thing doesn't work out, but it is long way to go if it has gone down hill.

So, Caterham it is then!

Cat,

Have shot Caterham recently?

I may go round there anyway even if the PW thing doesn't work out, but it is long way to go if it has gone down hill.

As for the Horne bird is she the one on the left or the right?

TrailerA.jpg

Any prospects of another PW day out at Bisley (clay ground) this year?

Sounds like an opertunity for you to arrange one Baldrick :)