patterdale springer crosses

Big t007

Surely there are already standard breeds that'll do any job you care to name? I can understand the need for lurchers but in a way they're almost a necessity. The trouble with really odd pairings is you never know what the things grow up to look like, there is a poor mutt I see out clay shooting that's got obvious signs of spaniel and staffie and apart from his gentle temperament he looks a mess quite frankly. Good luck with the litter by the way.

If your wanting a bushing dog, whats wrong with the springer or the patterdale that u mated? No offence but i cant stand it when people breed dogs for the sake of breeding them! IMO dogs should only be bred if they are genuinely worth breeding off, not just because you like them or fancy bringing a litter of mongrel pups into the world to see what the cross goes like, especially when absolutely no thought has gone into it.

nothink what so ever is wrong with my springer bitch what so ever im doing it to keep one back my self :yes: . she is more than worthy of breeding of i wouldnt do it if she wernt and if she was no good she wouldnt be in my kennel :no: alot of thought has gone in to it i want a bushing dog to give tounge on flush or chase :good: diffrent strokes for diffrent folks at the end of the day :D

all the best

yis

• 2 months later...

maybe mate thats why i said imho ... don't know if it's the cross breeding that gets me or people then selling sprockers labradoodles patterjacks and stuff at big money

when i was younger these were called cross breeds or mongrels :good: :good:

your right they are just mongrels. its a hit and miss mating, you may get one that may be of some use. :/

Patterspring? or Springerdale?!!!

I wondered how long it would be before we got down to the serious stuff. Don't bow to pressure and just call them cross-breeds or mongrells. We need to know what they will be called.