newark shooting show

rapid basher

Sunday was not as busy as the Saturday. I met a few PW members, and missed a lot more that I had hoped to meet.

High light of the show for me was watching,Mad1's son Connor shoot, :shoot: 9 years old, absolutely spot on, the Coach that took him out was amazed, as were some of the other Coaches looking on, he is someone to look out for in the future.

I thought the layout of the halls was poor bordering on terrible, there was not a natural flow.

Best stand was TopGun, with their factory seconds and end of range clothing, Skeet vests £10.00 and lots of other bits, unfortunately I had just invested in a lot of their products at full price.I would not be surprised in some quick thinking PW member bought a job lot of the vests, and will then offer them on here for £20.00 Watch this space :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by bakerboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was my first visit and to be honest I enjoyed it . Yes it was not the cheapest to get into but you knew the price beforehand :look:

I met up with some from on here and my son showed me up on the basc clay line by hitting 8/10 on the clays with a .410 :oops: We got new wellies and bits and pieces , yeah some stuff is cheaper elsewhere but it was at least a try before you buy and see the stuff upclose :good: Don't think I will be there next year just because it's getting further away for me ( it was nearly a 2 1/2 hours drive )

Edit: I just read that post from Bakerboy and thank you very much for spending time with us it was really appreciated :good: Following your advise I have been intouch with bosher regarding a 28g so hopefully he will do even better in the future ( watch this space :D )

So I am now in lookout for a short stocked 28o/u

Edited by mad1

Been on the lookout for a cheap & cheerful 22-250 for a while, chanced upon a used but not abused Savage full left hander, priced at £290, ended up getting it for £250 with a set of mount bases thrown on.

Add that to a tweed coat, 2 shirts, window rest and leather boots for SWMBO and I estimate I saved around £100 at least so it was well worth it for me.

Saw a few mates too so a good time was had by all.

Ist time for me and admit to quite enjoying it entrance was a rip off but then what aint these days? managed to get hold of a gun I was interested in (though strangely the main dealer for them did not have it?) made me think about something else :hmm: got a turbo flapper (love gadgets) at a knock down price :good: and found some half decent hide poles with steel spikes and push ins for £25, thought Wills mob would have been there? now if anyone can remember a gunstock maker think it was something west stocks? I would appreciate it been searching for their website but can't locate it

it.

Joe and Simon west ? Who did the laminate stocks ?

www.joewestriflestocks.co.uk

ATB

Matt

thats the one :good: all I could find on the net was simon west? shame his website is up for sale?

cheers KW

Edited by kdubya

Well I went yesterday and yes the entry fee is high but you know that before you set off so dont understand why the complaints, if its to high dont go, doubt people only found out the price when they got there !

i would think that most people checked out the price before going what they could not check out before hand is is it value for money :no: i have attended all the previous ones and decided last year it was not worth it hence not going this year :good:

Well it was my first visit and to be honest I enjoyed it . Yes it was not the cheapest to get into but you knew the price beforehand :look:

I met up with some from on here and my son showed me up on the basc clay line by hitting 8/10 on the clays with a .410 :oops: We got new wellies and bits and pieces , yeah some stuff is cheaper elsewhere but it was at least a try before you buy and see the stuff upclose :good: Don't think I will be there next year just because it's getting further away for me ( it was nearly a 2 1/2 hours drive )

Edit: I just read that post from Bakerboy and thank you very much for spending time with us it was really appreciated :good: Following your advise I have been intouch with bosher regarding a 28g so hopefully he will do even better in the future ( watch this space :D )

So I am now in lookout for a short stocked 28o/u

Hi Mad1 - hope i'm not being too pushy :blush: but in case you're interested in an alternative to a 28 the missus wants to sell her Silver Pig 20 bore which has been shortened to about 13.75 - 14" as she's only 5ft tall and slight build - she upgraded to a 12 bore about 2 years ago so its just sat in the cabinet and i've put half a dozen through it every 6 months just to keep it loose. if you're interested just PM me and i can get you some more details, pics and the true LOP. She only just decided over the weekend to put it for sale up 'cos it was her first gun so had some sentimental value to her.

Caisterboy

i went and enjoyed it,handled at a couple of guns i'm interested in,picked a few brains too.its only about half an hour from me,so it doesn't work out to expensive,but if they move it miles away from me a won't bother going next year.the two best shows for me are catton game fair and western park.

I went down for the weekend to the show, given it's a 6 1/2 hour drive for me! Had to say i wasn't that impressed, think the local game shows are better. Did however get a bargain, managed to bag a brand new browning maxus prem grade 3 for £1100. This years model too. Guy at the Browning stand was a life saver too. Was going to buy the sporting maxus but didn't know it was missing the cut off switch to allow the option of changing cartridge mid shoot. Saved me making the wrong purchase so hats off to him.

Some other good stalls but found that it was hard to get to some of them too for some of the wannabees that were crowding the stall. Some guy was going on about wanting the Deben 12v sport light for it's 800m beem to go with his 22-250, as he had a serious rabbit problem!!! What size are his ****** rabbits! :lol: .

Some good advice given too from the old hands and experienced. Picked up a few good tips from an old poacher who was there with his grandson. Great guy.

Besides, the trip to hooters in Nottingham at night made up for the trip. Hope you guys enjoyed what time you were there.

I blagged a free ticket thanks to Paul Hart operating The Pigeon Shooter stall - who put an advert on this forum offering free tickets! Thanks Paul:good: and another ticket from the Browning Owners Club!

Would i be annoyed if i'd paid full wack - no !

with the exception of the food and the clay line everything else was under cover, which perhaps we didn't appreciate because the weather was good. There where no Queues for the loos or bar. not having to walk a mile and a half from the car park was also very welcome. If I'd have known how close to the clay lines the car park was i may well have brought my gun and shot!

It would have been nice if there where a few more actual gundealers there.

I got a couple of deals - a pair of cheap and nasty active ear defenders for £40 and a reasonable leather shotgun slip for £65