today i found this

storme37

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod what everyone says mate its a gun its ya first gun and you liked it who cares otherwise? Being a single shot will probably make you a more successful shot and you have room in your cabinet once you have had some practise. To many snobs on here IMO.

Where in Kent are you fella

why only 4 guns on a SGC I have 4 already :)

I'm only allowed 3 on mine unless I get a bigger cabinet so I assume this is the case for him.

Ps if you have just been approved be ready for a long wait. I have been for 13 weeks now still got about 3 left.

Edited by Dannyboy220

Sod what everyone says mate its a gun its ya first gun and you liked it who cares otherwise? Being a single shot will probably make you a more successful shot and you have room in your cabinet once you have had some practise. To many snobs on here IMO.

Where in Kent are you fella

I'm only allowed 3 on mine unless I get a bigger cabinet so I assume this is the case for him.

Ps if you have just been approved be ready for a long wait. I have been for 13 weeks now still got about 3 left.

Good man :good:

Hope you enjoy your new gun mate :yes:

Edited by magman

Very good, ignore nearly all the comments on here. You've bought a solid reliable gun, being a single shot will make you think before pulling the trigger and could improve your shooting. Look after it and you'll have a nice buy there.

Also ignore the comments on here about buying them cheaper, it sounds like you've got one in good condition and although cheaper ones do come up, it's not a lot of money and you could probably sell it for that in the future anyway. Cheaper ones never come your way when you're looking for one anyway, cheap guns are usually a matter of 'right place right time'!

thanks for the positive posts im near dover the gun comes from a very well known gun club near me so i know its been looked at they will also store it for me until the day my licence lands on the mat. the wood is great hardly a mark on it the metal work is like new and the barrel well i can say its supper clean i had a look so to be honest i don't care how much anyone thinks its worth it was the right price as i don't even have to travel to get it. so the moment the licence comes i can go shoot, that'l do me. as stated its my 1st gun so i chose to just spend a little while i learn a bit more before i buy my primary gun.

I've got one too - put some sling swivels on it, covered it in camo tape and added a shoulder pad and it now gets used as a lightweight option to carry when i am out with the rifle ; well worth it when shot presents itself. it will become redundant if i can find a .17hmr / 12bore double rifle though :lol:

i have had a few shotguns, but most of my shooting gets done with one of the first i owned - a £50 spanish dtne sbs (aramberri - 1965). its tatty - but i shoot my best with it. I dont fret when it rains or gets dropped. I like nothing more than out-shooting someone with a lot more gun. Enjoy your purchase :good:

I've got one too - put some sling swivels on it, covered it in camo tape and added a shoulder pad and it now gets used as a lightweight option to carry when i am out with the rifle ; well worth it when shot presents itself. it will become redundant if i can find a .17hmr / 12bore double rifle though :lol:

i have had a few shotguns, but most of my shooting gets done with one of the first i owned - a £50 spanish dtne sbs (aramberri - 1965). its tatty - but i shoot my best with it. I dont fret when it rains or gets dropped. I like nothing more than out-shooting someone with a lot more gun. Enjoy your purchase :good:

now that does sound like fun lol

Your welcome - I used one last Year while pick up shooting, we were going foxing and the farmer collared us and wanted the rabbits shot - we didnt have a shotgun on us, so He popped in the house and came out with a gun the same as yours, we did well with it - but it would pay to get some sensible shells to feed it, as it did kick like a mule!

The SB baikal is bloddy well made solid and reliable but it kicks like a mule because its so light. Thats easier to deal with these days with the choice of cartridges available. But for what you paid for be happy. There is nothing wrong with it but its not a clay gun. Have fun.

I've had one for 30yr or so, bought out a catalogue, when you could :o

Still as tight as a frogs ar$e, certainly lasted longer than some of the spanish **** kicking about

:yes: & a good few year left yet.

excellent i bought it because its Russian lets face it the Russians made enough good guns over the years the Russians only make 3 things, guns, vodka and prostitutes so it cant be bad the vodkas good and the woman keep their looks so the guns have got to be ok half the worlds shooting Russian guns lol

I started off with a single barrel 12 as my first gun, well i say my first gun, me and my brother used to share it. It was a folding BSA, we used to get dropped off in the morning by my Dad on a pea field and then picked up later on his way home from work. Great fun, hiding in a ditch looking over 6 decoys and taking turns with the gun! We were only 14 and 15 at the start, probably illegal then never mind now! Good fun if there was a bird or two around, a very long day if nothing was moving! Shot my first mallard with it one foggy September evening, 1¼ oz Winchester #6 did the deed, cannot remember any recoil with that one.

As for cartridges, nothing more than 28 grm for comfortable shooting, some of the lighter clay cartridges may be ideal for close pigeons etc, otherwise 28 grm of #6. I guess it will be quite tightly choked, most singles are.

why only 4 guns on a SGC I have 4 already :)

Unless you have a specific written condition on your SGC limiting the guns you can have then you can buy as many as you want. If you can't ram them all in your cabinet then get a second, or just a bigger one!

Your FEO CANNOT legally confer verbal conditions on you!

You can have 20 guns in a 3 guncabinet if you can squeeze them in. We all no what it feels like to pick up our first gun :) I wouldn't go above 28gr #6's if your new to shotgunning although I don't really think it kicks any more than any other even with 36gr #5's have fun when your licence comes and safe shooting atb

i think the 'limit' is just the official capacity of the storage thats inspected on grant. I had a 5 gun cabinet on grant, but later upgraded to a 10 gun cabinet. I didnt inform the police - but when i notified them of aquiring 3 new guns they called back and asked to see the storage! (they actually came out as well). :good: