I'm compiling a list of forces who allow .243 primarily for fox

Kes

Says it all in the title if, using your PM name you can confirm either, this will assist me in my quest for a .243 primarily for fox but also for Deer.

I'm feeling a .243 for deer,vermin and humane despatch together with a .17 HMR for vermin would be the only 2 rifles I need (unless target shooting). Getting it is going to be different.

Says it all in the title if, using your PM name you can confirm either, this will assist me in my quest for a .243 primarily for fox but also for Deer.

I'm feeling a .243 for deer,vermin and humane despatch together with a .17 HMR for vermin would be the only 2 rifles I need (unless target shooting). Getting it is going to be different.

Along with the deer and fox, mine also states vermin and any other wildlife connected with the estate…..

Regarding despatching something that is suffering, well I would make the call on that if the time arose.

TEH

Staffs will not allow 243 as fox only

But will allow deer as primary use with fox added .

But they rang farmer to prove deer on permissions which there is not . So I booked a deerstalk with a keeper and they granted no problem . Included vermin and estate business

In Hants I have Deer/fox for the .243 but it also states re expanding .22 & .243 ammunition ".....shall use such ammunition only in connection with the shooting of vermin and the lawful shooting of deer" A bit unclear I think.

That is perfectly clear, you can use your 243 for deer/fox the rest is standard wording for the expanding amunition condition.

Durham allow 243 just for fox. I have my 243 conditioned for Deer,fox,ground game,vermin and humane dispatch. :good:

That is perfectly clear, you can use your 243 for deer/fox the rest is standard wording for the expanding amunition condition.

Durham allow 243 just for fox. I have my 243 conditioned for Deer,fox,ground game,vermin and humane dispatch. :good:

It would be clear if it said ".....shall use such .22 ammunition only in connection with the shooting of vermin and such .243 only in connection with the lawful shooting of deer/fox"

I am licensed to use my .308 for deer and foxes and for humane dispatch. Previously I had the same conditions on my .270 ,which in my opinion is more potent than the .308 . I am also licensed to use the .308 in the destruction of animals worrying or attacking livestock and for the shooting of animals worrying or attacking humans .

I think that you must take into consideration your own experience with cent re fire rifles .I dont know how long you have been shooting ,but the police will be looking at how long you have stalked deer and what experience you have lamping foxes before they approve a full bore calibre for fox shooting . In the eye of your licensing dept we are all individuals and there is no simple policy for every shooter . We will all be judged (rightly or wrongly )by what our local FEO Knows of us .

Harnser .

I dont quite understand how it will help you,because if you go to them and say "well notts and derby" allow a 243 for fox and deer so whay cant you,wont hold any benifit for you

all areas work arounf "guidelines" BUT make up there own rules

but to answer your question Iam in derbyshie and have a 243 for fox,deer and vermin,also fox and deer for my 7mm wsm

what problem are you actually experiencing,have you been refused a 243 ???

I am licensed to use my .308 for deer and foxes and for humane dispatch. Previously I had the same conditions on my .270 ,which in my opinion is more potent than the .308 . I am also licensed to use the .308 in the destruction of animals worrying or attacking livestock and for the shooting of animals worrying or attacking humans .

I think that you must take into consideration your own experience with cent re fire rifles .I dont know how long you have been shooting ,but the police will be looking at how long you have stalked deer and what experience you have lamping foxes before they approve a full bore calibre for fox shooting . In the eye of your licensing dept we are all individuals and there is no simple policy for every shooter . We will all be judged (rightly or wrongly )by what our local FEO Knows of us .

Harnser .

This is what i have for my 6.5x55

I dont quite understand how it will help you,because if you go to them and say "well notts and derby" allow a 243 for fox and deer so whay cant you,wont hold any benifit for you

all areas work arounf "guidelines" BUT make up there own rules

but to answer your question Iam in derbyshie and have a 243 for fox,deer and vermin,also fox and deer for my 7mm wsm

what problem are you actually experiencing,have you been refused a 243 ???

Ackley Hi.

I have a .223 and have had for some time on an open ticket. It is conditioned solely for fox, nothing else. Cheshire say they "dont allow .243 for fox". My land is cleared for .243 (some time ago) and has never held deer. One question therefore is why has the force attitude changed?

The Land still approved for .243 but Cheshire dont allow a .243 for fox - why ? Is this reasonable and reasoned or a a change to greater restriction?

Also we are all seeking a greater harmonisation of conditions and approval. I am trying, reasonably I believe, to replace a .223 with a .243 (cuts down on wind related problems and I want to try red deer). The .223 is approved for 2 deer species nationally but its not approved by Cheshire, even though I asked for it on grant - which seems to be key.

I also dont want to be a test case for my .22, so I will be seeking fox (albeit at close range) for that too.

I think I am sensible, intelligent and considerate as well as completely safe using my current weapons, so why should I not expect the same as a new centrefire shooter in say Yorkshire ( who give open certs first time).

I appreciate guidance is only that but the differences are too great and it has become descriminatory, a postcode lottery if you like. I dont think thats good for shooters or shootinG. So I'm trying to pose a few questions.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Regards,

Kes

Ackley Hi.

I have a .223 and have had for some time on an open ticket. It is conditioned solely for fox, nothing else. Cheshire say they "dont allow .243 for fox". My land is cleared for .243 (some time ago) and has never held deer. One question therefore is why has the force attitude changed?

The Land still approved for .243 but Cheshire dont allow a .243 for fox - why ? Is this reasonable and reasoned or a a change to greater restriction?

Also we are all seeking a greater harmonisation of conditions and approval. I am trying, reasonably I believe, to replace a .223 with a .243 (cuts down on wind related problems and I want to try red deer). The .223 is approved for 2 deer species nationally but its not approved by Cheshire, even though I asked for it on grant - which seems to be key.

I also dont want to be a test case for my .22, so I will be seeking fox (albeit at close range) for that too.

I think I am sensible, intelligent and considerate as well as completely safe using my current weapons, so why should I not expect the same as a new centrefire shooter in say Yorkshire ( who give open certs first time).

I appreciate guidance is only that but the differences are too great and it has become descriminatory, a postcode lottery if you like. I dont think thats good for shooters or shootinG. So I'm trying to pose a few questions.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Regards,

Kes

fair enough.you go for it girl freind

by the way I think you should add to your file that the home office approoves the use of a 243 for fox,there is some documents on the net if you search

Northants are OK for fox and deer for .243. I also managed to get vermin on mine. I didn't have a smaller centrefire at that time though.

When I put in a variation for .223 they removed the vermin condition for the .243 at the same time, but left fox and deer.

Hi Browning,

Was it recently that you had your condition for vermin removed from your 243?

I have my 257 conditioned for deer, fox, vermin and ground game and dont want to loose it if i put in for a variation.

My 22-250 is conditioned the same except for the deer.

I renewed last august.

Ian.

Kes Macc will allow a 243 for fox if you get rid of your 223 i have had all these conversations with Sharon the manager at Winsford and if your a gamekeeper you can have a 243 for vermin other than that you will be wasting you time mate this has been going on with cheshire for a number of years

Mark

fair enough.you go for it girl freind

by the way I think you should add to your file that the home office approoves the use of a 243 for fox,there is some documents on the net if you search

Ackley, Whether it upsets you or not, I am not your girlfriend, (spelt wrongly).