to my goose shooting team

les gedge

hi mate,if you hav'nt noticed in recent post's by les,he struggle's on a keyboard so is'nt it easier for him to type it once and let all the lads concerned see it on here rather the sending 30+ pm's!! :P

In stead of typing out 30 times teach him to copy and paste .. :lol: :lol:

Les but you posted the topic in the wildfowling section not the pest section. There is a major difference between a wildfowler and a pest controler which you do not seem to be able to grasp.

As for losing my permissions ,I live in an area where we have four common species of goose totalling 90,000 yes I did say 90,000 of which up to 20,000 feed at times on my permissions. Though most of them are pink feet we do also have thousands of greylag and a few Canadas which are present all year around. I am often asked to deal with them by my farmers and find a few rockets do the job far more effectively than shooting. I do shoot quite a few in season , but always on the local marshes , not farmland. There is a little inland goose shooting in season on some estates , but on most farms its restricted to 2-3 days a season. As a result our geese have a large measure of protection on their feeding grounds and all their roosts are protected and we have second to none wildfowling oppertunities on the marshes.

In my opinion anyone who wants to shoot geese while they are breeding is sick in the head to put it lightly. Its high time BASC saw the damage out of season goose shooting does to the image of shooting and how it tars all goose shooters , both pest control officers and wildfowlers with the same brush. If there is a H&S reason then there is perhaps an excuse for some control where shooting in spring\summer is a last resort but in your first post you talk about shooting them on farm ponds.

And if as Ian suggests that these geese are not tame the obvious course of action is to scare them away with rockets ( which does a far better job than shooting ) and then in winter shoot them at the proper time of year rather than in the breeding season.

Edited by anser2

Les has been asked to shoot these geese because of the danger they pose to the aero planes landing and taking off if they are allowed to keep breeding their will be even more danger to contend with.if people are sick in the head for shooting breeding geese what about breeding rabbits and pigeons?what is the differance :hmm:

hello lads just got back from getting us some more goose shooting another big farm with a big pond and a little one there a is very good flight line on it. so get stocked up with your goose carts going to need them i promiss.all the best lads going on the ---- now.les

I dont get it. was this post origionly for the above or is it indeed for the airport?? And which airport is it?

I dont get it. was this post origionly for the above or is it indeed for the airport?? And which airport is it?

the ponds will be saved for when the geese are in season.hand as for the airport it is anywere we are prepared to travel to .it incluedes anything that flys deer foxes hares rabbits if it comes within 250 meters of the perimeter fence its ours.les

I do not shoot pigeons or rabbits in their main breeding season , though i reconise that pigeons breed almost all the year around , the majority do so in late spring and summer). Is there anything worse than leaving the young to die of starvation after having their parents shot.

And if geese are causing problems at an airport there are far more effective means of keeping them away than shooting.

Edited by anser2

I do not shoot pigeons or rabbits in their main breeding season , though i reconise that pigeons breed almost all the year around , the majority do so in late spring and summer). Is there anything worse than leaving the young to die of starvation after having their parents shot.

And if geese are causing problems at an airport there are far more effective means of keeping them away than shooting.

your earlier post it was the mods that moved it to here ok.i put it in sporting pictures

I can't honestly see why so many are getting out of bed about this. Would you rather see a plane full of passengers being brought down by a couple of geese in the engines? Someone has to do it and this time it happens to be LG and mates.

And Les, I refer you to the .22 for fox thread. I'm legal matey. :P

I can't honestly see why so many are getting out of bed about this. Would you rather see a plane full of passengers being brought down by a couple of geese in the engines? Someone has to do it and this time it happens to be LG and mates.

Just been waiting for a good post, first off plane safety comes first, no body, likes shooting out of season, Im sure Les is the same as me, but if your asked to do a job then so be it, would sooner be picking dead geese up, than the chance of picking up the remains of a downed plane, the airport must think its a grave danger, and need the problem sorted, so come on lads if there was a danger to disaster, then you would have doubt flying from that airport, I would :hmm:

no your not nobody in west yorkshire can shoot foxes with 22lr

Just been waiting for a good post, first off plane safety comes first, no body, likes shooting out of season, Im sure Les is the same as me, but if your asked to do a job then so be it, would sooner be picking dead geese up, than the chance of picking up the remains of a downed plane, the airport must think its a grave danger, and need the problem sorted, so come on lads if there was a danger to disaster, then you would have doubt flying from that airport, I would :hmm:

hi bud shot 31 sqirrels 7 of them babys nobody says nish.get on about geese all ---- brakes lose you are right if i dont do it someone else will the permission i have got out of it it is vest.les

:good:

Believe it Les. It's there in writing and has been for years (back to the Phil Kent days). :yes:

i apologise you are right phone firearms this morning and he told me there is very few that can shoot foxes with 22lr and will have to up grade when you put in for your licence again.anyway sorry les

i apologise you are right phone firearms this morning and he told me there is very few that can shoot foxes with 22lr and will have to up grade when you put in for your licence again.anyway sorry les

No probs Les, they've been trying to get it off for the last two renewals. It'll happen sooner or later no doubt. :oops:

I was on the phone to West Yorkshire a couple of weeks ago inquiring about a .22 WMR and I was told that I can't use that for fox either!! The minimum they aloud for fox is Hornet.