chokes

highland

is it wise to change my chokes. i had a good day two sundays ago then changed and i completely shot like a complete novice. goin back again to the same one and c but am thinking can it really change that much or is it me trying to hard im dammed if i know. help.

Too much stuff is said about chokes in my opinion, it's easy to change them too often to suit (and I've been guilty of that myself).

It's not usually sensible to shoot close targets, skeet etc on full choke, nor is it good to shoot distant targets with a cylinder choke, so for most things I think it's best to just use something in between that'll do most things and forget about them.

It keeps things simple and lets you concentrate on actually shooting, instead of thinking too much.

is it wise to change my chokes. i had a good day two sundays ago then changed and i completely shot like a complete novice. goin back again to the same one and c but am thinking can it really change that much or is it me trying to hard im dammed if i know. help.

if i could shoot great everytime i went out,i would never remember the good days.take it as a off day and you will enjoy it more when you shoot well.changing chokes wont make a blind bit of difference,thats why i use a fixed choke o/u and never take 1/4 out of my semi,apart from cleaning.. :good:

Stick a 1/4 and a 1/2 in and forget about em'

if i could shoot great everytime i went out,i would never remember the good days.take it as a off day and you will enjoy it more when you shoot well.changing chokes wont make a blind bit of difference,thats why i use a fixed choke o/u and never take 1/4 out of my semi,apart from cleaning.. :good:

i ad some lessons and thats wot the coach said quarter n arf for most over n unders .if your close range decoying cylinder for best spread but once u get ur best result stick to it .dont keep swapping chokes youl go mad :good: :good:

I think alot comes down to personal preference :good:

yer right there, if you have a good day with certain chokes whatever they are then stick with them...its like been given the best gun in the world ...if you dont like it you wont get on with it...

So much is in the mind...chokes do matter, but...if you can shoot it makes little difference.....

...I used to run a Beretta 303 with a 26" barrel and always put my extra wide choke in for Skeet, I use my Beretta391 with a 28" barrel on the Skeet these days, and it lives with a 1/2 choke in it, scores are just as "Bad" :lol::lol:

:good: