Anyone tried .22 Prometheus Dynamics?

CoolhandMal

I am new to the PCP scene and have tried a few different types of pellets through my Hatsan AT44-10 and found the AAField Diablo 16gr to be best for rabbits but still need something a little more accurate,the write up about the Promtheus Dynamics is good at 14gr,was just wondering if anyone on here had tried em?

Try the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum, they work superbly in HW barrels and in BSA barrels too. Some Hatsan owners have said that their AT44s like them and they are not too long so sit nicely in the magazine! ASI import them so have a word with them and see where your nearest stockist is!

The Crosman is a 14.3 grain pellet that comes in a nice screw top tin too, so no more pellets all over the gun bag situation! They also are high quality, I have not found an unusable pellet in a tin of them in 9 months of shooting Crosmans!

Edited by secretagentmole

Try the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum, they work superbly in HW barrels and in BSA barrels too. Some Hatsan owners have said that their AT44s like them and they are not too long so sit nicely in the magazine! ASI import them so have a word with them and see where your nearest stockist is!

The Crosman is a 14.3 grain pellet that comes in a nice screw top tin too, so no more pellets all over the gun bag situation! They also are high quality, I have not found an unusable pellet in a tin of them in 9 months of shooting Crosmans!

Thanks for your kind advice,I shall try the crosmans and let you know how I get on,cheers mate

Beware the write ups on pellets. Most are paid for adverts dressed up as articles.

AA Fields are usually very accurate in most guns. If the Premiers are no better then try JSB Exacts. They are used by many target shooters and also have good properties for hunting.

Just got the crosmans delivered and I must say they are well presented and the slugs are very clean looks like they been polished .! They all look uniform and not a damaged slug in sight oh...and I nice screw on lid!Anyway,I shall try them this afternoon and report back,thanks all for your input.

Mal

from what i have been led to believe, the dynamics are made using the same moulds and machinery that was used to make logun penetrators.

i've used dynamics a couple of times, and they look, feel and fire identically to penetrators.

very accurate, very stable and VERY hard hitting. penetrators are my hunting pellet of choice in my pre-charge guns, and i use thunderbolts in spring guns.

never had a problem with them myself, even though some people say that they experience over-penetration with them. i've found that when using LRP's (Lead Replacement Pellets), shot placement is paramount.

:good:

Finally tried the Dynamics,can't get them to group below 65mm or 2 1/4 inchesat 25 yards,think I shall stick with my 16grn AA Diablo fields,these are amazing in my Hatsan they were the second pellet I tried having had RWS domed bought for me with rifle as a present,the AA,s are on par with the recently tried crosmans but a harder hitting pellet I feel.

Anyone know where to get the cheapest 16grn AA Diablo..?i pay around £11 locally.

There will always be gimmicky pellets around so long as the gullible have money-if you cannot do the job with a lead pellet then you are doing something wrong.You only have to watch the clips by Huntingfps to see the effects of a lead pellet at ranges further than most of us can reliably shoot-a "Carlos Fandango" projectile is the last thing you should rely on.NOT a lecture coolhandmal-just hate to see people wasting their money. :good:

Finally tried the Dynamics,can't get them to group below 65mm or 2 1/4 inchesat 25 yards,think I shall stick with my 16grn AA Diablo fields,these are amazing in my Hatsan they were the second pellet I tried having had RWS domed bought for me with rifle as a present,the AA,s are on par with the recently tried crosmans but a harder hitting pellet I feel.

Anyone know where to get the cheapest 16grn AA Diablo..?i pay around £11 locally.

Ten quid delivered here:

Intershoot

I am new to the PCP scene and have tried a few different types of pellets through my Hatsan AT44-10 and found the AAField Diablo 16gr to be best for rabbits but still need something a little more accurate,the write up about the Promtheus Dynamics is good at 14gr,was just wondering if anyone on here had tried em?

Never tried um :no:

Dynamics are made of Tin - Bullet Shape

Exterminators was made in Lead and sold as Exterminators

Also Logun Penetrators - Following Loguns calling it a day

RangeRight now sell them as Exterminators

Defiants are made of a Similar Design but with Different Head Sizes

http://defiantpellets.com

But also sold world wide under Exterminators / Hatsun Torpedeo's

FX Smooth Twist

Unlike most imported Pellets prices do not rise with each New Delivery

BOB/R

Exterminators are a damned good pellet if you want something a bit heavier than AA Field for your PCP. I have a springer that really likes the Defiants, but you need to watch your power levels as they can take a springer very close to the limit. I haven't used the springer in ages, but if I remember correctly it fired 0.177 Defiants at 845fps which was close to the limit.

Exterminators are a damned good pellet if you want something a bit heavier than AA Field for your PCP. I have a springer that really likes the Defiants, but you need to watch your power levels as they can take a springer very close to the limit. I haven't used the springer in ages, but if I remember correctly it fired 0.177 Defiants at 845fps which was close to the limit.

My experience was exactly opposite. The Defiants / Exterminators / Penetrators reduced the power output compared to JSB derived pellets of the same weight. And they were amongst the least accurate pellet I tried. Probabally why no one uses them for competetive target shooting at anything other than local club level.

Having tried more than several types through my Hatsan AT44-10 .22,just had some JSB Diablo Exact in 15.8 grn delivered from Intershoot only £10 for 500.! Just tried them on three targets from my 25metre homemade range and I took the centres out of the three targets ,the centres are 20mm in circumference the grouping is awsome and I thought the AA Diablo fields were good,it seems I have finally found the right pellet for my gun.

Look out Vermin here I come.!!

My experience was exactly opposite. The Defiants / Exterminators / Penetrators reduced the power output compared to JSB derived pellets of the same weight. And they were amongst the least accurate pellet I tried. Probabally why no one uses them for competetive target shooting at anything other than local club level.

They don't make them in the same weights as the JSB pellets. Defiant in .177 are 7.5grn, closest JSB is 8.44 and Webley badged Mosquito Express at 7.9grn. Penetrators are 9.5grn, so heavier than the standard JSB but lighter than the JSB Heavy 10.3grn.

The defiants, being light, do increase the power in many springers - not just mine, so be careful.

Different pellets suit different rifles though, I have a JSB Exact in 4.53 for my Falcon FN19, JSB Exact 4.52 and Penetrators for my Rapid Mk2, JSB Heavy for my Phoenix Mk2 ( very accurate combination ), Defiant size M and JSB 4.52 for my TX200.

In reality, any combination of the above rifles and pellets would provide acceptable accuracy for hunting to 40+yds, but when plinking blades of grass you can notice a difference. I am a pellet geek :blush:, I was packing up for my house move a couple of days ago and found a box of 5000 JSB 4.52 unopened, that I'd forgotten about, joy.

They don't make them in the same weights as the JSB pellets. Defiant in .177 are 7.5grn, closest JSB is 8.44 and Webley badged Mosquito Express at 7.9grn. Penetrators are 9.5grn, so heavier than the standard JSB but lighter than the JSB Heavy 10.3grn.

The defiants, being light, do increase the power in many springers - not just mine, so be careful.

Different pellets suit different rifles though, I have a JSB Exact in 4.53 for my Falcon FN19, JSB Exact 4.52 and Penetrators for my Rapid Mk2, JSB Heavy for my Phoenix Mk2 ( very accurate combination ), Defiant size M and JSB 4.52 for my TX200.

In reality, any combination of the above rifles and pellets would provide acceptable accuracy for hunting to 40+yds, but when plinking blades of grass you can notice a difference. I am a pellet geek :blush:, I was packing up for my house move a couple of days ago and found a box of 5000 JSB 4.52 unopened, that I'd forgotten about, joy.

The ones I were using were 16g in .22 as per the thread title. Also, You might want to try JSB RS in .177. At 7.33 g, or JSB Exact Express at 7.87 g. You'll find them considerably lighter than the 8.44 g JSB pellets that you mention. The RS are superbly accurate and consistent in my Prosport springer.