Seperate Ammunition Safe For SGC

Sticky96

You wont get many carts in a gun cabinet, nice idea but pointless. SHotgun carts are bought by the slab i have a 5 gun cabinet might get 3 slabs in but then would have no room guns......Think about it if someone did get into your cabinet they will have gun and ammo, leave guns in cabinet and carts under bed in another room etc they have a much harder job to get a live weapon....

Originally i said i wouldn't keep carts at home now have over 1000 here at a time

Would like to keep mine in a metal box of some sort but with a couple of thousand, fibre, plastic, game, light load for my lad etc, it is difficult to get them all locked away without continually having to empty the box to get what I'm after which are always at the bottom or back. :angry:

Any recommendations for a commercially available box to hold say at least 8 'slabs' horizontally ie the slabs are not stacked above each other, without going as far as a gun cabinet?

Would like to keep mine in a metal box of some sort but with a couple of thousand, fibre, plastic, game, light load for my lad etc, it is difficult to get them all locked away without continually having to empty the box to get what I'm after which are always at the bottom or back. :angry:

Any recommendations for a commercially available box to hold say at least 8 'slabs' horizontally ie the slabs are not stacked above each other, without going as far as a gun cabinet?

Why? when theres no need? :blink:

It's not a bad thing to keep them locked up, even though it's not a legal requirement to. Most of us don't because it's just too impractical, if I had an empty cabinet spare I'd try to lock up most of them.

a kitchen knife is more lethal than a handful of shotgun cartridges. I mean, what is someone going to do with them? throw them at someone? :lol: :lol:

I do like to store my carts somewhere safe so I have a seperate ammo safe that holds around 500 carts, not much use if your buying slabs so I bought a cheap second hand 2 drawer metal filing cabinet off evil bay, lockable & holds around 1500 cartridges.

You can pick up 4 drawer metal lockable filing cabinets for about £40 off the bay & you could have a seperate drawer for fibre, plastic, game etc.

I do like to store my carts somewhere safe so I have a seperate ammo safe that holds around 500 carts, not much use if your buying slabs so I bought a cheap second hand 2 drawer metal filing cabinet off evil bay, lockable & holds around 1500 cartridges.

You can pick up 4 drawer metal lockable filing cabinets for about £40 off the bay & you could have a seperate drawer for fibre, plastic, game etc.

I bought a 2 drawer one a while ago from the bay and once I had 750 cartridges in it, things were getting a little bit bendy! :D So it's no longer used. The one that I do use, (kids in the house), is substantial, but can't get much more than 1000 into it.