diy tumbler

has any one here tried to make there own tumbler to clean their empties,saw on a website i was browsing some fella made one using a ice cream tub and electric motor, reckons he got good results from it when he initialy used rice as the medium :hmm: has anybody else came up with any ideas like this.

Didn't someone say ut in a knotted sock in the washing machine?

I think it was Imerfection, may be wrong though.

Yep it were me.A thick hiking sock double knotted at the end and stuck in the washing machine with rest of clothes does the trick.They come out looking literally brand new!

Possibly the simplest thing I have ever made All you need is

1, 1 off washing machine pump motor

2, 1 off 6mm x 25 mm bolt

3, 13 off 6mm nuts

4, 4 6mm bobbin type Anti vibration mounts

5, 8 off 6 mm flat washers

6, 9 off 6mm spring washers

7, sweet tin

8, assorted wood for stand

9 cable and 13 amp plug

Cut the impeller in half drill one vane of the impeller 6.25 mm, screw a bolt through the hole with 5 nuts on for weight fix to the bottom a sweet tin (offset to one side) .Use 4 x 6mm bobbin type anti vibration mounts from ebay to mount the tin to a stand (can be made of wood) two circles of wood with a hole in the top one for the motor to go through 6 inch 2x 2 spacers between each (like a top hat with a hole for the motor to go through) for better results araldite a yogurt carton in the center to make the shape like a commercial one then the media and cases go round the tin better

Deershooter

p/s if you are no good at DIY pm Mick Shaw he had one for sale

Edited by deershooter

has any one here tried to make there own tumbler to clean their empties,saw on a website i was browsing some fella made one using a ice cream tub and electric motor, reckons he got good results from it when he initialy used rice as the medium :hmm: has anybody else came up with any ideas like this.

I made a good few of these in the pistol shooting days - They held about 100 9mm or .32 S&W. There was a clockwork timer that could be set up to 6 hours then shut off.

th_Tumblerwith6hrtimer1985.jpg

This is what I use now.

th_tumbler.jpg