isle of man tt

colin lad

Love The iom. What a lovely place, scenery, weather( both lovely and wild) and very little crime, nobody seems to lock their doors or even close them when going out, a real strange concept for us mainland dwellers.

Las time I was at the tt guy Martin did this

c5123d22.jpg

736cc66c.jpg

Got mY fingers crossed for his first tt victory this year as he is a top guy(no pun) and of course for a safe two weeks for all involved.

+1 hoping for a Guy Martin win this year

colin

+1 hoping for a Guy Martin win this year colin

He'll never get that boat round the corners fast enough. A mate of mine, and a member of our club Dave Croxford used to race the TTs years ago, he said it was the scaryest place on earth at 100mph plus

Edited by Vince Green

He'll never get that boat round the corners fast enough. A mate of mine, and a member of our club Dave Croxford used to race the TTs years ago, he said it was the scaryest place on earth at 100mph plus

It's actually very well designed for the racing - unlike the normal UK roads they thought about where they put the signs, manhole covers and the road surface....:good:

Regards,

Gixer

Thanks Shaun, I havn't got a TV but i can watch it on Iplayer on the computer. from Auntie. :good:

Yes , you can listen to the manx radio commentary on the internet, I'll be doing that this year.Go on the iom tt website , you will usually find a link to it on there.

Been going for approx. 25 years ,but can't seem to muster the enthusiasm to go this year :/ bit bored of the lack of classes racing, and all the viewing restrictions that have been brought in over the last few years . I might try and get over for a couple of days at the manx, went there 2 years ago and loved the relaxed atmosphere and quieter roads , christ I must be getting old :lol:

Edited by sheene7

Yes, I went in 1971 - and have been threatening to go back ever since. So, maybe next year :lol:

I went over in 1972 - as above brill holiday, 'mad Sunday' really ragged my Suzuki T500 around. My brother is retiring next friday and for a treat is going over to the island for the TT week, lucky sod.

I've been to the TT a few times, great event, great atmosphere everywhere although the authorities have calmed the evening stunts a bit in recent years.

I last went in 2008 and when I got home I parked my bike in the garage and didn't even look at it for ages, after the IOM the local roads just didn't seem worth bothering with any more. I will go again, I just wish they would put more ferries into service as you can often end up staying 12 days when you only really want to be there for 8.

now the hangover is past,,,,NW200,,,,,, as it on me door step just to make a few jealous yesturday the sun shone the bikes went flying past 200+ is the norm......brillant day when the weather plays ball and did i forget to mention the access all area pass, pits paddock grid and being there as they set off,,,,one of the most scary and exciting things you could ever get to see the power and exceleration is just feirce how they go from sitting chatting to that in the space of few seconds is unreal....just sad we had the fatility on such a great day.....

now the hangover is past,,,,NW200,,,,,, as it on me door step just to make a few jealous yesturday the sun shone the bikes went flying past 200+ is the norm......brillant day when the weather plays ball and did i forget to mention the access all area pass, pits paddock grid and being there as they set off,,,,one of the most scary and exciting things you could ever get to see the power and exceleration is just feirce how they go from sitting chatting to that in the space of few seconds is unreal....just sad we had the fatility on such a great day.....

I hear ya! I first went to the North West in 96 as a pillion on my cousins yam, we stopped in a b and b up the metropole straight..

Went back the year after at 18 on my CBR 600 with all my pals and kept going until I stopped owning bikes, love the NW so much but by god I'm sure I loved the Harbour Bar Guiness in Portrush even more 😄