Casey Stoner retiring!

carpentermark

That's what happens when you have kids! Saw his wee girl on the tv tonight at the race and the thought did cross my mind.

I really have struggled to ride a bike the same since my kids came along and I imagine it would be the same way no matter what level you are at.

It's a good time to bow out - he's made his money, proven he has what it takes so why not I guess.

Regards,

Gixer

That's what happens when you have kids! Saw his wee girl on the tv tonight at the race and the thought did cross my mind.

I really have struggled to ride a bike the same since my kids came along and I imagine it would be the same way no matter what level you are at.

It's a good time to bow out - he's made his money, proven he has what it takes so why not I guess.

Regards,

Gixer

Fair point, got kids myself.

Shame though, mardy little so and so but great rider and makes for great racing.

Dovi would be the obvious choice, but don't know what his Yam contract is.

Well I can see Crutchlow taking Spies seat next year, so he is free. Bradley Smith has been promised a seat in that team and i cant see Yamaha having Smith and another newcomer together, so unless his contract says so I cant see Dovi being allowed to leave unless Spies swaps with Crutchlow.

Marc Marquez

Good call, been a bit or a revelation so far.

Wild shout for Lorenzo?

:shaun:

Marc Marquez

Watching the Moto GP practice this morning, they were saying that Dorna have brought in a ruling, where a rookie can not go straight into a works team, so that rules out Marquez :/ They also said ,that Honda have announced that they will not have 2 spanish riders in their team, so unless Pedrosa gets his P45 I can't see Lorenzo there, perhaps the doctor will return :hmm:

Rossi wont leave Ducati till he's winning on it!

Leaving would mean Failure, and he hasn't failed yet.

He has too much pride for that, not to mention the Itallians would KILL him!!!

Yes but as long as he has a whole in his behind he wont win on that bike,

He chased the money to Ducati, and if Honda offer him the golden egg then off he will go,

Stoner was the only one to achieve anything on it, and he just managed to hang on at times :blink:

However, Honda wont forget Rossi leaving them and going to Yamaha.

Edited by shaun4860

Yes but as long as he has a whole in his behind he wont win on that bike,

He chased the money to Ducati, and if Honda offer him the golden egg then off he will go,

Stoner was the only one to achieve anything on it, and he just managed to hang on at times :blink:

However, Honda wont forget Rossi leaving them and going to Yamaha.

You're forgetting three things:

1. He's already a multi world champion

2. He's a multi millionaire

3. He's Itallian

Can you imagine an Itallian rider leaving an Itallian team to ride a Japanese bike for MONEY???

Never gonna happen!

Edited by carpentermark

Ah but that now leaves a factory Honda vacancy......

Opinions please, Simoncelli would have been favourite if he was still here.

Simoncelli's sad death could well be a factor in Stoner deciding to retire. He stated he didn't like the way moto GP was going.

As for Rossi going back to Honda, I would think they would want him because he could win for them. Rossi is desperate to win on an Italian bike but he's sensible enough to know if the product isn't up to the job. The one thing Rossi doesn't have is time on his side.

You're forgetting three things:

1. He's already a multi world champion

2. He's a multi millionaire

3. He's Itallian

Can you imagine an Itallian rider leaving an Itallian team to ride a Japanese bike for MONEY???

Never gonna happen!

He is still chasing wins and titles, he wouldnt be doing it for the money.

Look at Schumacher,

I have been following moto gp for years & I will not miss stoner on the grid for one second, the guy is a fantastic rider but has no personality at all, the future of moto gp was with no58 Marco Simoncelli a real racer & personality :good: :good: :good:

Edited by blackbird

I won't miss him,good rider but what a moaning ****...Moto GP's better off without him if you ask me :good:

Chucked his teddy out 'cos he doesn't agree with the CRT's and not enough manufactures in GP these days yet admits to fancying V8 Racing in OZ...there's only 2 manufacturers in that series... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azzurri

I have been following moto gp for years & I will not miss stoner on the grid for one second, the guy is a fantastic rider but has no personality at all, the future of moto gp was with no58 Marco Simoncelli a real racer & personality :good: :good: :good:

You said it :yes::good: :good:

Azzurri

Are we talking about Casey Stoner or Stacey Moaner, Honda have stated that they'd never let Vale near one of their bikes again and Lyn Jarvis of Yamaha is still pee'd off that Vale left them, another thing that was mentioned this morning was that, "no current rider has a contract extending past the end of this season", so that means it's going to be silly season all year with the rumours of who is going where?

You never know, the way things go as regards the rumour mill, Rossi could be on the new Norton V4 next year :blush::good:

It was obvious that even though Dovi wiped the floor with Mr Charisma (Dani Pedrosa) last year and should have on paper, had the ride with Stoner, there was only 2 Honda seats, Repsol is a Spanish company, therefore a Spanish rider will be on one of the bikes.

I think a pinch of salt will be required all year until it's all cut and dried.

Are we talking about Casey Stoner or Stacey Moaner, Honda have stated that they'd never let Vale near one of their bikes again and Lyn Jarvis of Yamaha is still pee'd off that Vale left them, another thing that was mentioned this morning was that, "no current rider has a contract extending past the end of this season", so that means it's going to be silly season all year with the rumours of who is going where?

You never know, the way things go as regards the rumour mill, Rossi could be on the new Norton V4 next year :blush::good:

It was obvious that even though Dovi wiped the floor with Mr Charisma (Dani Pedrosa) last year and should have on paper, had the ride with Stoner, there was only 2 Honda seats, Repsol is a Spanish company, therefore a Spanish rider will be on one of the bikes.

I think a pinch of salt will be required all year until it's all cut and dried.

Rossi won't be leaving Ducati. Not yet anyway. They are throwing stupid amounts of money at him and have a watertight contract for some time with him. I marshalled at Silverstone GP and got to meet most of the stars backstage before they went up for riders for health auction. Rossi was very chatty as was his PR crew. They are treating him like a king and throwing money and goodies at him galore. They won't let him leave regardless of cost.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Cal make the move. He's rider no:2 in his team and doing very well on a number 2 bike with lesser parts and back up. I don't think Dovi will go as he has a top bike and wouldn't improve much if at all above what he has now.

Spies....Hmm...wouldn't class him as a moto gp podium rider. A damned good one yeah but podium? Not so sure. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hayden move to a better team though and move up the rankings

Lorenzo won't jump ship. He's onto too much of a good deal with yam and proving himself most weeks.

Pedrosa will stick with Honda too. I reckon he will retire in the next 2-3 years.

I would have loved to have put Simoncelli on the Honda as someone said above but sadly he was taken far ahead of his time. He was a true gent at Silverstone too and hung around for ages for pics with people. RIP simoncelli.

Hear hear