sid wright

dodgy dave

Just read about Sid - My 'fowling mentor back in the 60's.

Anyone know the funeral details please - would like to attend.

Later - I am now told that the funeral is at St Mary's Long Sutton on Monday 11th June at 1.15 followed by cremation in Kings Lynn. I shall be there.

(Thank you Basil).

Edited by Grandalf

Poor old Sid, R.I.P.

He certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was quite a good friend of my dad. He was kind and let me shoot pigeons where he had permission. I shall miss seeing him around and hearing about his antics.

Poor old Sid, R.I.P.

He certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was quite a good friend of my dad. He was kind and let me shoot pigeons where he had permission. I shall miss seeing him around and hearing about his antics.

See mine under PW Wildfowling Memories.

Just got back from Sid's funeral. Very well attended.

They saw the old lad out well with a country style guitar hymn and his grandson playing a tape of pinks over his coffin.

That's it.

Kenzie - Harrison - Wright.

The end of an era that will never return. Three guys so different in so many ways but joined together by their love of fowling and the Wash marshes.

A real joy to have met them all and to have been mentored by Sid.

RIP boys - Hope the 'fowlings good wherever you are.

Have a pint or two on me.

(Suzanne - if you read this get in touch again).

Grandalf

I emailed the wildfowling department at BASC to make sure that they knew and suggested they might like to do some sort of article in the next magazine.

They replied and said their press team were aware...

Sporting Gun of June 2007 carried a two page article about Sid. It was written by Allan Murray.

In the previous edition he had written a similar piece about Frank Harrison. Sadly Frank didn't get to read it. He died before publication.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences at this sad time. I have read some of the things written before and since my fathers death (Sid Wright )some of which made me smile. I did read one about the geese feet in the shed and this is true. They all looked the same to me but dad knew which one was the first goose he ever shot. I may know some of you but you all have user names so I havent got a clue but am sure you wil will enlighten me at a future date.

Thank you all once again from me, my two brothers and family.

Suzanne

Edited by Suzanne Wright

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences at this sad time. I have read some of the things written before and since my fathers death (Sid Wright )some of which made me smile. I did read one about the geese feet in the shed and this is true. They all looked the same to me but dad knew which one was the first goose he ever shot. I may know some of you but you all have user names so I havent got a clue but am sure you wil will enlighten me at a future date.

Thank you all once again from me, my two brothers and family.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, Yes Sid always gave us a great time when we met him, Some people didn`t get on with him, but he was straight talking, and told others a lot of HOME truths, which were true, I know..

His skill at Calling had to be heard to be believed, it was incredible, My ears used to RING (And I am hard of hearing) when he called, went to some of his entertaining days at Halls Etc, Hope SID can read this, I liked him a lot.. Keep your head up mate,, you had (Did) nothing to be ashamed of..

Friend, of a great Guy.

Subsonicnat.