Cash sale no part exchange.... Kelbrook guns

Will Poon

Im after a 725 sporter looks like kelbrook guns have the best selection of the 725 sporter . More than the other shops locally I rang them up to discuss further with no part exchange £££ sale an few thousand cartridges gun slip .......etc, any discount on the gun advertised on there web site NO sorry the price is as advertised... Mmmmm do I really need to drive an hour and a half to see if I can have any discount :hmm:

try malmo guns ask for brain or rosy igot a really good deal

Hi , yes I'm I've been to malmo gun really great bunch of people there they have 1 725 sporter there in my spec and when I spoke to them they have no problem in a cash £ sale there with discount , but you would reckon a gun shop with 6 , 725's would bend over backwards for a customer with a few quid to spend at there shop and to use there grounds as well , they only offered me a gun fitting service :huh: as they all the gun shos do anyway ;)

Kelbrook price very keen, but don't really discount (in my experience). You could get a slip thrown in but that's about it. They tend to start cheaper, rather than add £50 to give you a discount and make you feel warm inside.

:yes: That's probably why they have plenty of guns in stock in all the time :o

Im after a 725 sporter looks like kelbrook guns have the best selection of the 725 sporter . More than the other shops locally I rang them up to discuss further with no part exchange £££ sale an few thousand cartridges gun slip .......etc, any discount on the gun advertised on there web site NO sorry the price is as advertised... Mmmmm do I really need to drive an hour and a half to see if I can have any discount :hmm:

howdy go to tim mcavoy at standish he gives great discounts,more than bamfords.while your not far away.

If there isn't much difference in price I would go to Kelbrook and look at the six. All the wood usually have different patterns to the grain even grade 1 and density giving the gun a different feel and balance.having six gives you more chance to get a gun that feels and looks great. My mate done this and got a Beretta 682 gold e with grade 5 wood comparing to other grade 5 stocks.When I got my new gun I looked at roughly twenty of them before buying one I liked.

Atb figgy

Dose it matter about discount. The gun with know discount might be better deal than the gun with discount.

Know such thing as discount all a discount means is you have ended up paying what you should pay and not payed the higher price they put on the gun.. its like buy one get one free.......

Nothing free in life........ just mean you are not paying twice as much for some thing.

Be carefull about so called discounts the discount is not so good if you end up having problems.....

Don't get drawn into a deal with a discount.

Ask your self why can they give you a discount when others can't?

Dose it matter about discount. The gun with know discount might be better deal than the gun with discount.

Know such thing as discount all a discount means is you have ended up paying what you should pay and not payed the higher price they put on the gun.. its like buy one get one free.......

Nothing free in life........ just mean you are not paying twice as much for some thing.

Be carefull about so called discounts the discount is not so good if you end up having problems.....

Don't get drawn into a deal with a discount.

Ask your self why can they give you a discount when others can't?

Great advice

I sell flooring, Carpet Right will give you 50% off and an extra 20% with a voucher from the paper or over a particular weekend. The discount brings the price down to £ 25 squ m, I sell all the year round for £ 20. Don`t be fooled by discount.

Bill

Looking at GT - Kelbrook are selling them at £4 cheaper than R Bamfords at Eccleston and £5 cheaper than Malmo.

You would save more than that in fuel, plus the latter two would normally do you a deal.

As suggested, you almost have to pass McAvoys as well.

My own choice would be Malmo - thoroughly decent people to deal with.

It's a no brainer in my book.

yeah big +1 for Malmo's they are genuine decent people to deal with :good:

bought a 1000 olypmics from them last week were £5 dearer than Kelbrook but would of easily burnt that saving in Diesel in the motor on the way there :unsure:

If there isn't much difference in price I would go to Kelbrook and look at the six. All the wood usually have different patterns to the grain even grade 1 and density giving the gun a different feel and balance.having six gives you more chance to get a gun that feels and looks great. My mate done this and got a Beretta 682 gold e with grade 5 wood comparing to other grade 5 stocks.When I got my new gun I looked at roughly twenty of them before buying one I liked.

Atb figgy

Hi figgy , yes I see what you mean about the woodwork, I'd like a nice looking wood grain to my guns so I'll have a good look at kelbrook even with no discount :unsure: As I want to shoot on there grounds as well, but I do like the bunch at malmos there very helpful people :yes: but still it's more choice at kelbrook so surely I'd find a better fitting gun :yes:

Oh yes,, I'm a very very happy chappy, got my browning 725 sporter today with a great bunch of people at MALMO GUNS , I will defo recomend them to anyone, customer service is number 1 , get down there you won't be dissapointed :D by the way the Cheddite cartridges work a dream :P

• 3 weeks later...

there are 2 things in play here "a new item to be bought" and "a punters wallett"

and a few variables

if the item to be bought is identical then the punter with the cash just phones round and plays one off against the other till he can squeeze no more xx then variables have to be taken into account like travelling distance time etc etc xx however all guns are different so feel and fit of the gun should come into play xx if a gun dont fit you could find out you may have been penny wise and pound foolish xx after coming to a decision you either do the deal or walk away xx after all there are literally thousands upon thousands of guns out there xx and the market is very del boyish xx a gun at the end of the day is wood and metal and goes "bang" xx but we all love them xx never buy on the spur of the moment xx do your research properly xx knowledge is worth a lot when buying a gun be it new or used

there are 2 things in play here "a new item to be bought" and "a punters wallett"

and a few variables

if the item to be bought is identical then the punter with the cash just phones round and plays one off against the other till he can squeeze no more xx then variables have to be taken into account like travelling distance time etc etc xx however all guns are different so feel and fit of the gun should come into play xx if a gun dont fit you could find out you may have been penny wise and pound foolish xx after coming to a decision you either do the deal or walk away xx after all there are literally thousands upon thousands of guns out there xx and the market is very del boyish xx a gun at the end of the day is wood and metal and goes "bang" xx but we all love them xx never buy on the spur of the moment xx do your research properly xx knowledge is worth a lot when buying a gun be it new or used

Yes I see your point pal, but you've got to remember most first time buyers don't have any part exchange, so surely it's worth the gunshops while to do a better deal with the prospective buyer over the phone if he or she asks , is there any discount for cash buyer no part ex ! , in my experience in getting my first shotgun being pleasant over the phone may get the buyer to come in the shop to start with, I'm I the food trade and the front of house staff is the most important to meet and greet customers face to face or over the phone even. So my point is be nice to prospective customers so they come in there shop, and if they don't buy they will surely still remember what a nice bunch of people they are at that shop I'll pop back soon to have another look.

In Kelbrooks defence,

they charge more for the gun to be bought if you have a part ex rather than paying cash

I part ex'ed mine there a few months ago, got more than I was expecting part ex, and the gun is still sitting on their rack, so at the moment they are still out of pocket till it sells

:shaun