Hi all from Leicestershire

Hi, been pigeon shooting since the early 80s and started again this morning after nearly a nine year hiatus, had most of my big days during the 90s though, with a couple over 200 and more than i can remember well over 100! i use an old knackered beretta 303 auto, old and bent pinewood poles, 12 modified sportplast, (can you still get them?) decoys aptly named "the dirty dozen" two trusty labs and whatever shells i can get my hands on!

Guess so much has changed since i used to go, i remember everyone going silly for realtree this and realtree that when it first came out, complete waste of money in my opinion (i remember a friend setting up using some of that bright orange net the council use on the roads just to see what happened, worked just as good!).

Does anyone stll use a pigeon magnet? i made one long before they were available commercially and the results were devastating! i later bought a lightweight one from pinewood but found it less and less efective the more people were buying them and finaly went back to the dirty dozen, ironically i've never shot many days of 100 plus using a magnet!

Sometimes i use a wagbi-seemark flapper, can anyone remember them? pre bask days i think! with a bit of fishing line tied to your leg to make it flap, ha ha.

Evening, i am new to PW, just started clay shooting. Live just outside Lancaster, trying to get to grips with this new sport. Mastering the basics and getting consistancy seams to be the order of the day.

Went to Blackpool dun club this morning and posted a reasonably happy 26/50. Keep practicing

Spud Dog

Ha ha, just noticed fruity's signature: saw the name Baikal! can anyone remember the first run of Baikal shells back in the 80s? jees those things were fierce!! flames out the end, flames out the side and a kick like a mule....i was asked to stop using them at a clay ground once!

i've still got some of the baikal record carts :good: