12g Barrel length

bongo321

My problem is i prefer and use short barrel rifles , so anything over 20" feels alien . But in saying that i do have a 28" Beretta O/U and it does not feel overly long ,but i do keep thinking maybe i should of bought 26" barrels instead ,but at the time i was advised to buy the 28" as it would have a better resale value as its a middle of the road length. would i actually notice a great deal of difference in them anyway. But it is really interesting to hear a point of view for even longer 30/32, looked at from that angle 28 is short .

Its horses for courses mixed with fashion and choice when I started shooting 26in guns were popular for skeet but over the years things change I now shoot 30 for sporting and sometimes 32 for fitasc and a couple of the guys have 34 so the answer to your question how longs a piece of string sorry

The answer to this can usually be defined by the height of the shooter, with short-@$$ shooters (like me) using 26-28 barrels and tall shooters using 30-34 barrels.

Thought it a bit too simplistic until I used a friends 34 gun and had trouble keeping the muzzles from dragging on the floor, whilst he looked like he had a toy gun in his hands when he tried to use mine.

Simplistic maybe, but it does make a little sense in practise. ;)

G.M.

Edited by Graham M

25"

Fortunately these aren't too popular so if you like them there's bargains to be had: just add sbs and 2 triggers and you're quids in. I think that my little AyA boxlock from 1964 and judging by the quality, was the one lying on the table in the Long Room while they all looked on in dismay.

Yup, some real bargains :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.ukgunroom.com/viewGun.jsp?id=1586

G.M.

Now, that is a bargain. I'm hoping that my Churchill will fetch at least that much and it's a boxlock/easy opener. I don't use it too much since I tripped over the AyA for just £500 and although it isn't really fair comment, for me, the AyA is the better gun.