Does anyone shoot in under-armour clothing ?

Salop Matt

As above,Does anyone shoot in under-armour clothing ? Am looking at the olive green long sleeved shirts that ar thermol to keep you warm in the winter! Am thinking of them as a base layer for all my shooting but wanted to see if anyone else uses them already and how they rate them and possibly even if anyone knows of a cheap source for them !

ATB

Matt

Matt wynstay on the Newport bypass road (oposite the closeed Focus shop)had some thick shirts in at good prices and some times are on offer if you buy a pair of them, think they were under £15. They also used to come in stone colour, don't know if they are classed as thermal but they are warm.

Also in Welly market there is a army surpluss stall next to Rogers fruit and veg by the exit to Wilkinsons. They seam to have a variaty of clothing and if your in town might be worth asking if he stockss them or can get them for you.

I use Under Armour base layers, both the 'Hot gear' and 'Cold gear', for a lot of things.

I use them on the hill in all conditions as part of a Mountain Rescue team, I work outside in all weathers and wear them for that......naturally, im also going to use them when I go shooting.

Very good products but there are other makes available which are good too.

I've got some under armour hot and col gear. I like the fit, but as per all of my synthetic base layer stuff, it gets very smelly very quickly...and stays that way.

I started using merino layers (in the cold) and they are far better. Noticeably different. For example, if I wear an under armour layer...within an hour I can smell it. Merino, I've worn for a week all day everyday and no smell.

People argue with me. But maybe it's different for everybody, I smell very quick in synthetics. I don't in genuine merino.

But still, I like the fit of under armour and still do wear it.

HH, I agree with you in that i have noticed some really smell when others have been wearing it but as yet havent tried it so cant comment on if it will do the same to me !

But what i loke about the UA kit is the seams seem to be very comfy and they have the higher neck which should keep the cold and wet out when out shooting etc.

So where do you guys buy your UA kit from as it is pricey stuff ! :good:

Regards

Matt

TK Max have some of their t shirts in grey at the moment for £9.99

Genuine under armour branded stuff?

I'm quite lucky in that I used to work with a lady who's husband used be a sales rep for the sole importer at the time :)

Wherever you choose to buy, make sure you get the right ones. Cold gear for when it's cold and heat hear for when it's hot. Obviously.

I wouldn't worry to much about brand names. The basic concept is that a few thin layers will keep you a lot warmer than a couple of thick layers. So any thin long sleeved top will do the job. I have a couple of helly hansen lifa tops that I used to wear in the army which are really good for keeping you warm plus if you do get a sweat on then it wicks the sweat away from the body so you dont get a chill but long sleeved cotton t-shirts do a similar job.

I wouldn't worry to much about brand names. The basic concept is that a few thin layers will keep you a lot warmer than a couple of thick layers. So any thin long sleeved top will do the job. I have a couple of helly hansen lifa tops that I used to wear in the army which are really good for keeping you warm plus if you do get a sweat on then it wicks the sweat away from the body so you dont get a chill but long sleeved cotton t-shirts do a similar job.

:good:

Iv tried all sorts of base layers and also found that they make your sweat stink. Snug fitting, long sleeved cotton T-shirts for me :good:

Bob I think he means the make Under Armour not UBACs issue shirts.

I agree the pads good but the zip neck is nasty

not used them yet and most likly they will go to the car booty, but that zip does look a bit to high, im happy with the MTP jackets i have, i have removed the plate velcro from the upper arms and they are very nice jackets (once washed a few times)

i don't like the hood as yet but ill have to see what i think in the winter when its raining and i have to use it.

bob.

I got army issue arctic thermals from hmr-savage off here, I thought they were great. Miles better than my canterbury cold weather top, same idea as underarmour. I didn't sweat or smell, but it was warm, very breathable and comfortable to wear all day whether pigeon shooting or wildfowling. I managed to cut down a layer I had been wearing previously. Came in green and was only about £15 for long sleeve top and bottoms.

Edited by paul87