How quiet are moderated 410's

Thedeerman

2.5 inch loads through my fully moderated hushpower and incredibly flat, just a tiny metallic ping really. I thought it was misfiring when I first shot it.

However 3" loads (which do hit harder) make a bit more of a crack.

They are quiet and comparable with a springer at times, but it all depends where you are shooting them, if you are out in the open then they are great but if there are trees/buildings for the sound to bounce off then they can be a little louder.

They can also seem noisy at the shooters end but barely audible at distance. I use the 2.5'' in my .410 as the 3'' are a tad louder as already mentioned (altho more shot).

They are quiet and comparable with a springer at times, but it all depends where you are shooting them, if you are out in the open then they are great but if there are trees/buildings for the sound to bounce off then they can be a little louder.

They can also seem noisy at the shooters end but barely audible at distance. I use the 2.5'' in my .410 as the 3'' are a tad louder as already mentioned (altho more shot).

Exactly what this guy said. It depends on where you are firing it. Ive the mossberg .410 which has a smaller silencer on it compared to the single barrel baikel one they do, so its a bit louder. If im in the middle of a field, the noise to the shooter is like a loud sneeze. Its a bit unnerving when you first here it compared to a normal shotgun blast. If your near buildings or a hedge then the noise seems to be louder. Of course, what really matters is not how loud it is to your ear, but how loud it is to someone standing a distance away. The reviews / tests I read suggest that someone standing like 100 yards or so away wouldnt hear a thing. I recall theres actually some data on the saddlery and gunrooms website who make these giving you the exact decibel & distance.

Some gunshops will let you try one out so you can see how quiet it is for yourself.

2.5 inch loads through my fully moderated hushpower and incredibly flat, just a tiny metallic ping really. I thought it was misfiring when I first shot it.

However 3" loads (which do hit harder) make a bit more of a crack.

I agree with this comment . Eley Fourlong through my old Pedretti made me laugh the first time I shot it .Could not believe it was a shotgun .