restrictive covenants should I just ignore?

kdubya

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our previous house was built in 1963 and had a covenant on it regarding the front garden not being enclosed. I didn't even know that it had the covenant and got a builder to start putting up small low fences and a gate.

Within a day of work commencing, a local busybody from the local Residents association / town council confronted me to say that they had called a meeting about it. In the end I had to remove everything. :rolleyes:

Never underestimate how many retired busybodies there are walking around with nothing better to do. :yes: :yes:

Spot on and when your actions start affecting their pockets they become like bloody Hyenas

Well funny. Restrictive covenants eh? Tulk-and-Moxhay-tastic :good:

Those solicitors and their daft hourly rates :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that a know all such as yourself..... :lol:

I would have thought that this would have all been explained in the report on title. But there we go, what would I know :lol:

Every time I walk through Leicester Square T&M leaves a tear in my eye :lol:

Ah, it's all about who can enforce a restrictive covenant and who has the benefit.

I doubt the builder gives a monkeys especially if it's a freehold purchase and they're offski once it's built out.

It's so brilliantly funny because it's got "stuffed" written all over it along with a row with the new neighbours and a lesson on should have got the conveyancing job done properly and not on the cheap / or should have listened to what the conveyancing people were saying....

Made my week :lol:

I'm off to watch my Sky channels :good::lol:

on the cheap **** off its costing me £900 the tosspot never told me till I was in her sodding office to late then the wife was committed to the house, you try telling your misses she cant have her dream house cos you cant have a dish on a poxy outside wall, solicitors are like injuns only gudun is deadun. :P

KW

He could ask his local pub to put it on for him I suppose

did that guy ever get his CCJ removed :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about something like this?

satellite_dish_hat.jpg

proper essex girl that

KW

Have you tried speaking to Sky to see what they can do?

475324103_1afec4af89.jpg

you know what you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

KW

In the middle of buying a new build myself and also interested in this...

Are there a restiction on dogs? If so whats the steps to try and have this amended from say 2 dogs to 4???

not specifically dogs it says "one pet" think I will have to get an aquarium with amillion guppies that show the planks.

KW

A place I stayed at for a couple of years was a listed building, so not even the dodgy types would put a dish on the place (even where the neighbors couldn't see it round the back). BUT, you can legally stick a post in the ground and mound a dish on that (may be a restriction about how close to the house it can be though).

HTH

you know what you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

KW

not specifically dogs it says "one pet" think I will have to get an aquarium with amillion guppies that show the planks.

KW

:lol::lol:

One pet means only one dog.. :lol:

Why not consider BT Vision. via broadband...you can add sky packages to it if you wish...Simples.. and you will probably save a fortune in legal costs... :lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Look on the bright side, you will save some money on that Sky subscription.

Don't forget to give them proper notice of cancellation or you'll end up in dispute with them and a CCJ.

Irony-tastic :lol::good:

depends? if I have nowt I will pay up If I am buckled I will say I can afford to pay but wont!! then proceed to the local witch doctor with 5k and ask him if he will go onto a public forum to get advice :hmm: you couldn't make it up :lol: , tommy cooper would be peeing himself if he was still alive ha ha vase or viase.

KW

In the middle of buying a new build myself and also interested in this...

Are there a restiction on dogs? If so whats the steps to try and have this amended from say 2 dogs to 4???

check before you buy? you can opt to not agree that part of the contract,but they may not sell to you. :lol:

covenants are mainly so you dont buy the first house built on an estate, and turn it into a tip so they cant sell the other houses, :rolleyes:

you both need to speak to your solicitor,

check before you buy? you can opt to not agree that part of the contract,but they may not sell to you. :lol:

covenants are mainly so you dont buy the first house built on an estate, and turn it into a tip so they cant sell the other houses, :rolleyes:

you both need to speak to your solicitor,

Not true..Ive built over 7,000 spec houses in 30 odd years and restrictive covenants are usually resultant of requests by previous owners or the Planning authority

This is a superb thread :lol:

Our house i sbuilt in what was a Methodist chuchyard and some of the restrictive covenants are very weird. For example we cannot sell alcohol from our residence.

That ******* up my home brew plans....

My Dad's house has a covenant saying he can't have a sign-written van, breed rabbits or make cider. We have no idea where the rabbits and cider clauses come from.

Why not do a Cassius Clay and go Muslim.....make an application to turn your house into a Mosque, the LA will definately agree to this... Put up a satellite dish to recieve the news from Al Jazeera and be exempt from rates or council tax at the same time... You will probably have to kurb the drunken debauchery though but Mountain goats would be OK...keeping them that is. :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike