Monday Madness Kent

dunganick

See this monday madness, what is the general format kind of thing?

Not that it matters, 350+ targets in a day is a clay shooters wet dream, but I was wondering what disciplines we might be shooting and how many of each?

Pin, who cares day off work, gun in hand, good (?!?!?!?) company and banter, I can't wait I still don't know which gun to bring :good:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I did say it didn't matter as well ;)

See, since I started shooting skeet I like No9's for that, everything else I use 7 1/2's. If I knew how many rounds of skeet we were doing, if any, I would be a happy man :good:

I'm the same 9's for skeet and 7.5's for everything else. I was amazed at the difference 9's made on the skeet range, soon as i changed to them, i started getting better scores and dusting rather than just breaking them.

Ran out of 9's recently, used 7.5's kept missing high house 1 and low house 7, wot's all that about?!?!?! Two easiest targets on the range and I can't hit them :good::lol:

Last year we did 2 or 3 rounds of skeet, but with a difference. They have SuperSkeet!!! This involves a high tower and a clay being thrown across the range at an angle, And fairly high up. From what I remember it was quite easy from most stations but 1-3 being the hardest as it was a crosser.

Any way I am sure we will have fun. :good:

Last year we did 2 or 3 rounds of skeet, but with a difference. They have SuperSkeet!!! This involves a high tower and a clay being thrown across the range at an angle, And fairly high up. From what I remember it was quite easy from most stations but 1-3 being the hardest as it was a crosser.

Any way I am sure we will have fun. :lol:

Great :good:

I've never even shot Skeet before so what chance do i have at SuperSkeet :good:;):good:

Any way I am sure we will have fun. :lol:

Great :good:

I've never even shot Skeet before so what chance do i have at SuperSkeet :o ;):good:

Three shot auto sounds good on this one, sort of John Bidwell style from the hip whilst running or over the shoulder whilst cartwheeling and looking the other way :good::yes:

how many rabbits are we to expect martin?

i need to know how much change to bring for the swear box :good::lol:

You and me both mate, remember we are on 350 rabbit practice the whole day anyway ;):good:

Had 100 sporting at the weekend, spoilt by rain, ended up only shooting 50/100 targets, blanked on the rabbit again or I would have been high gun on 42ex50 for the first 50 :good:

I HATE RABBITS

I'm the same 9's for skeet and 7.5's for everything else. I was amazed at the difference 9's made on the skeet range, soon as i changed to them, i started getting better scores and dusting rather than just breaking them.

Ran out of 9's recently, used 7.5's kept missing high house 1 and low house 7, wot's all that about?!?!?! Two easiest targets on the range and I can't hit them :good::lol:

With skeet, only shot it a couple of times, I find the middle stand (4?) the hardest, but only from a psychology point of view, I have missed 2 before I shoot and I know it. I can shoot those same targets in a sporting layout 15 yards further out all day, but not when shooting skeet.

9's help, but with anything like chokes and carts, only helps if you can shoot in the first place ;)

there is no format as such, i would expect to shoot between 250 and 350 carts (depends how keen to shoot you are) ive done monday madnesses where ive shot 200 and ive done nearly 400 on others. Alot depends on the instructor and how keen they are to push the button.

i will request we all shoot 50 sporting which is the same for both teams (another 12 scores to add into the PW series)

We can request pretty much what we like, beit skeet, super skeet, compact, driven, rabbits, a nasty blazer DTL bird which i am going to crack before hte day is out, or even an 80yard crosser, which ive yet to better 2 ex 10 on.

Tosspot,

You can expect as many rabbits as you want to miss. :lol:

I am going for the craic, and to fire a few cartridges. I have got about 800 :good:

So does that mean as your driver for the day, you've bought mine as well. That's bloody decent of you ;):good:

Do they have a nice battue for you to practice on in prep for the Fenns :yes:

I don't know about the battue, and to be honest don't care. As long as I make plenty of noise and break a few clays it will be a good day.

And unfortunately NO I haven't bought your cartridges :good:

Martin you will be pleased to know that I have a driver for the day so you won't be able to wolf down all the nosebag before I get there :D:D :(

LB

Don't worry the time we're planning to leave, we'll have been over to france and back again with the Duty Free :lol:

Je voudrais une shotgun et cartouches pour moi, sil vous plait. :)