Olympic Shooting

Axor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had my day out at the Womens Skeet today. It was great fun and it went so quickly, always a good indicator of having a good time.

Got there really early, had a row with the Army security about the size of my flag, I won :) and then bagged a couple of really good seats to see all the action.

Our girl bombed badly, so no Brit interest in the final and after a heavy soaking, it was almost like someone ordered the sun for the final and it duly appeared.

The American girl was on fire, hitting a new Olympic record 99 to take the gold, the Chinese were 2nd with the Slovak girl taking 3rd after a dramatic shoot off.

All in a good day and well worth the trip.

Glad you enjoyed it any tips I'm there Tuesday for the men's

Food and drink are horribly expensive so take your own. Well food at least. An empty sports drink bottle can be filled with water inside the venue free, you cant take any liquids more than 100ml in with you. Theres no cover in the viewing stands (for shotguns anyway) so check the forecasts and take appropiate clothing and a small umbrella if it looks like rain.

Other than that its all pretty good.

Hope you have a reat day too.

Food and drink are horribly expensive so take your own. Well food at least. An empty sports drink bottle can be filled with water inside the venue free, you cant take any liquids more than 100ml in with you. Theres no cover in the viewing stands (for shotguns anyway) so check the forecasts and take appropiate clothing and a small umbrella if it looks like rain.

Other than that its all pretty good.

Hope you have a reat day too.

Thanks didn't realise there was no cover! That's rediculous! Are the Shooters stands covered? How was the transport? We're coming across London from archway through the real hot spots

Typically it's the only day there is no rifle or pistol so hope the halls will at least be open! Looking forward to it and hope one of the GB guys comes good and they both qualify!

BTW keep an eye on the 2012 site as more tickets may get released!

Edited by HDAV